Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adjust profit target when scaling

Hey there,

I try to setup an ATM strategy and use it to scale my position. I'm just testing this with the simulated connection and it doesn't work as expected.

For instance I set SL to 1000, TP to 20. Then I put several Sell Limit Orders on the chart, so that the position increases.
    When testing this and setting the "Trend" to go up, it triggers the Sell Limit Orders and thus the Average Prices (BE line) moves up. However, I expected that it also adjusts the Take Profit to the new Average Price + 20 Ticks. But it doesn't, it stays at its original position.

Another weird thing is, that the "Break Even" mechanic doesn't seem to be updated either. I set the ATM to have a "Stop strategy" which sets "Auto breakeven" after "Profit trigger" has reached 15 ticks. On a single position this works. But not on a scaled position?

Look at the screenshots please: (Can only post 4 images)

Original Entry Short. BE @ 1,3050. TP @ 1,3030.

Second Entry Short. BE @ 1,3055. TP still @ 1,3030. Expected @ 1,3035.

Third Entry Short. BE @ 1,3061. TP still @ 1,3030. Expected @ 1,3041.

Then the price goes down and is greater than 15 Points of profit. But "Break even" does not trigger:

It finally triggers when the price goes below the original entry price + 15 ticks.

In this screenshot I overlayed the original entry price line. As you clearly can see the "Break Even" got triggered after 25 ticks of profit, which is original entry price + 15 ticks.

Can you reproduce this Auto break even problem? This is the second time I could reproduce it here. I can even make you a video if you need. Is this a bug? Or something wrong with my NinjaTrader?

Also why does the Take Profit not adjust if you enter another position at a higher price with the same ATM?

Thank you very much!

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

I'd like to see your log and trace files. Please send me a note to platformsupport (at) ninjatrader (dot) com. Attach your most current log and trace files to the email, and put a link to this forum post in the body of the email. Please note "ATTN: Drew" in the body of the response.

You will find the log file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.

The log file will be named "log.20160821.txt"

You will find the trace file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.

The trace file will be named "trace.20160821.txt"

I look forward to hearing from you.
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by kevinenergy, 02-17-2023, 12:42 PM
    115 responses
    1 like
    Last Post kevinenergy  
    Started by prdecast, Today, 06:07 AM