Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Enhancement request on timeline and calendar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enhancement request on timeline and calendar

Hello,

I have noticed some inconsistencies in the timeroll (the X axis) in NinjaTrader as it is modelled for the instrument vs as it is displayed on the chart.

For example, on a daily chart, when you try to e.g. draw a line *manually* with start and/or end date in the future (=to the right of the last candle), you will be able to plot unto holidays and and weekend days, because the displayed chart shows regular calendar days. This can be easily verified by bringing up the data box and hovering the mouse over any day to the right of the last candle: the weekends are there.

On the other hand, if you try to draw the same line *programatically*, the system does take holidays and weekend days into consideration, and will not allow you to draw the line there, placing the anchor unto (I believe) the last contiguous trading dayafter the last day of the chart. This is also true if you edit the anchor of an existing manually drawn line from the properties editor in the NT UI.

This can easily be reproduced programatically and manually. To reproduce it manually, you can, for example:

- draw a line from a day to the left of the last bar through to Saturday of the next week. The line is there. although it is drawn unto a day that will later not exist on the chart.
    - edit the line in the property editor, and set the line's end to the Sunday right after (add 1 day). The line's end jumps back. Try setting the original date of Saturday: the line will not go back to how it was as you first drew it, but will stay where it had jumped.

This is actually an important problem, because this means any trend lines drawn into the future are doomed to be changed by the system if they cross or land on a non-trading day.
    This shifts and moves my manually drawn as well as code-drawn trend lines, and causes much overhead in carrying out analysis. I saw multiple other members have complained about the same.

I hope you will be able to prioritize this and fix it in a near release.

Many thanks,

Libor

Hi,

I forgot to mention that the discrepancy between the two calendar rolls (the one used for the chart display vs. the one modelled in memory e.g. for line drawing) is as follows:

To the right of the last bar:

1) the calendar on the chart has all days on it, including weekends and holidays
    2) the calendar modelled in memory has all weekdays, no weekends, but it does include holidays and other non-trading days

I suppose the expected behavior would be for both calendars to at least be in sync, and, ideally, to not include non-trading days for the currently selected instrument(s).

Thanks,

Libor

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the post.

I just wanted to post a quick note letting you know that I am currently reviewing these items and will post back with any further details once I have.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
      JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

I just wanted to see if you are still able to reproduce this on a chart with an upcoming holiday or weekend. I am able to see the line draw into the future, but I am unable to get it to snap back in any cases.

Could you also tell me what instrument you are using so I can review the trading hours template that was being used?

If you can provide a before image and after an image of when this occurs that would be helpful as well.

Comment

Hello Jesse,

apologies for not having provided this earlier. Please see the attached ppt with the screenshots and description of how to reproduce the issue. All the information you need should be there, but in case you have any questions, please feel free to reach out.

Thank you,

Libor
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello Jesse,

I just wanted to check whether you have had the chance to review the document I attached in my previous post and, also, to see whether this will be examined by the NT product team for consideration.

Many thanks,

Libor

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

This item has been tracked using the id: 11855
              Please look for this in future updates in the change log: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...ease_notes.htm

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
              4 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post DJ888
              by DJ888

Started by terofs, Today, 04:18 PM
              0 responses