Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

on render scroll back and texting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

on render scroll back and texting

when scrolling back on the NT8 screen in the on render is there a way that I can signal draw.TextFixed()?

what I want to do is i have drawn triangles and when the user scrolls the mouse over the triangle it will pop up a draw.textfixed. I want to create this feature for educational purposes to understand in certain time events within the market what is happening for the trader.

Do you make the triangle a button or do you have to flag the area?

or would i create an object list of the triangles and time stamp and when clicked it checks the time and writes the script
    Last edited by ballboy11; 08-21-2017, 08:11 AM.

Hello,

Thank you for the post.

You could certainly configure signals based on variables from OnRender, knowing when to cause these signals would be what you need to address.

Depending on how the triangle drawing logic works would really decide the rest of your logic. If you are drawing the triangles from OnRender, this would be the best case because you would already be dealing with the bar indexes and Y values instead of BarsAgo and Price values. In that case you would likely already have some logic or list in place to know where to place the triangles which could also be your reference to compare what the user is selecting. This would be helpful if this is how you are approaching this as you would not need to later find where the drawing object was placed.

Another item would be if you want the hover action or to click the object, a click would be much easier to locate as there is a property to get the last clicked point: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...tsub=mousedown

If you instead wanted to hover, you would likely instead need to subscribe to the chart controls mouse events to get the mouse position while moving and store it. This isn't a subject we can really detail, but you are free to explore these concepts in C# if this fits the logic you are trying to create.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you. I got it to work . I used mouse click and took a range of timestamp within the area.

Thanks again

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
      3 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
      Started by frankthearm, Yesterday, 09:08 AM
      14 responses
      0 likes