This has happened numerous times.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This has happened numerous times.

Note in the picture. There are chart bars off the screen because the chart did not scroll.
    Note also the dom does not match the last bar on the Chart and that there is NO Arrow
    Pointer in the upper Right Hand corner which normally indicates the chart is scrolled and not showing the last bar. I did not scroll the chart. It failed to scroll on its own.
    Attached Files

I'm familiar with one other report of this occurring, but I was unable to reproduce the behavior and it was resolved upon restart for the client.

Does the issue persist after a restart?

If so, can this easily be reproduced? What steps would I need to take to replicate the issue?

Comment

Patrick, I cannot give you any insight except that it has happened multiple times.
      Here is a picture from 8/1 that I never posted hoping to gather more info. Note again no arrow in the upper right. But when it happened again today, I figured I should at least report it. My only guess is that given , I have quite a few draw objects, that possibly given the load a threading issue occurs that is out of the normal and the chart scroll update somehow skips a beat. If I were trying to debug this I would be focused on How it is possible the chart can be scrolled( or in this case not scrolled because of the data being ahead of the chart) and have it not indicated by the Scroll arrow appearing.
      Attached Files

Comment

Please write into PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com and provide your workspace file.

You'll find it in Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > workspaces folder.

I'd like your log and trace files as well. Follow these instructions to include those files:
        • Open your NinjaTrader folder under My Documents.
        • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
        • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
        • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Please reference "1752831 ATTN Patrick G" in your message.

Comment

Would this have anything to do with the chart being Fixed?

I'll put a few charts this way next week.

Are you doing anything else like moving the chart left/right a lot with out without scroll wheel?

Comment

Sledge, Good Catch, One of the things I had put in a request about was that when the market starts really moving with a lot of volume, The fixed scaling, which is being updated on Every Bar causes the chart to sit there bouncing up and down. Possibly this constant adjustment of the Y Axis interferes with the X axis somehow. I went back and checked and both these occurred during fairly quick price movements.

Its not just fixed scaling its Fixed scaling with auto Center. It's the AutoCenter which causes the bounce problem. It will be interesting to see if Replay can Replicate the occurrence.
            Last edited by JerryWar; 08-11-2017, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Thanks for that insight, JerryWar. I am looking into the behavior while including 'center price on scale' in my testing. I'll be following up via email when I have more information.

If you think of anything else that may assist us in reproducing what you're experiencing, please reply to our email chain.

Comment

Again today - See attached.
                The chart just stopped. Note the chart and dom are off by 15 Ticks.
                Attached Files

Comment

JerryWar, if you disable "center price on scale" do you no longer run into this behavior?

Comment

I have no idea. Its not something I can test while trading.

Comment

So my chart stopped scrolling a few minutes ago. As has happened in the past no Arrow shows up in the upper right indicating the chart is behind. So I carefully opened the Data Series U.I and Unchecked
                      Center on Scale. When I clicked ok the Arrow immediately appeared indicating the chart was behind.

Comment

We've looked into the workspaces that you provided us via email. We suspect a conflict with 'OnRender' and custom indicators while 'center on price' is enabled

I'll be following up via email with further instructions
                        Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 08-17-2017, 09:43 AM.

Comment

I've edited my response to not mention the custom indicators you're using.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll send the Development Team a note about your concerns over privacy. I'd like not note that no one has access to the emails that you send via the platform (or any emails you send to NinjaTrader) except NinjaTrader staff.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post Waxavi
                          by Waxavi

Started by TradeForge, Today, 02:09 AM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes