Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

drawing tool remove and items on menu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

drawing tool remove and items on menu

Hello, i have asked this before and trying to locate the thread but cannot seem to find.

Was a change/feature request raised to be able to remove a custom drawing object that is attached to an indicator / WITHOUT having the indicator removed.

The context menu that appears on the custom drawing tool currently displays if Yes the indicator will be removed. I know either myself or another asked this and for there to be an ability to remove it without being stopped by the indicator ownership situation as stands.

Also i would like some way to either disable/grey out or remove the Copy / Remove / Lock items that appear as they have no function in terms of what i am doing with the custom drawing tool - i realise they are standard but they should be able to be removed from the list somehow?

Please advise

thanks

Hello soulfx,

The feature request to allow a drawing object to remain when the owner script is removed is being tracked with ID #SFT-2572.

I will submit a feature request on this subject on your behalf to add your vote.

I will also submit a feature request to not remove a script when a drawing object owned by the script is manually removed.

Removing / changing items in the context menu is not officially supported by NinjaTrader. You might be able to dig through the context menu and find the items and modify them.

I am also happy to submit a feature request for this if you would like.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello, thanks for reply.

Regarding ... Removing / changing items in the context menu is not officially supported by NinjaTrader

Yes please submit a feature request for this.

I didnt have any issue adding items to my context and already working fine.

Your response prompted me to dig around looking at the items and checking the type of each item in the list - i iterated over the list printing out the details and found what i needed and checked on the type being menuItem for the ones i wanted to remove.
      So i got this working and seems to work fine, needed a few iterations to remove multiple items

thanks

Comment

Hello soulfx,

Your request for a documented way of how to remove items form a drawing object's context menu is being tracked with ID #SFT-2642.

Please note it is up to the NinjaTrader Development to decide if and when a request will be implemented.

Thank you for providing feedback on this.
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Christopher_R  
        Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
        166 responses
        0 likes