Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy parameters - Increment by %

Hello,

A lot of software out there allows you to increment strategy parameters within a range by % instead of a fixed number. The range of results an optimization run gives you is generally much more accurate and useful when based off %, i.e. an SMA of 10 incremented by 1 is a 10% change, but comparing that to an SMA of 100 it's only a 1% change. So the results are skewed when you analyze them as a whole.

Some of my strategies aren't affected so much by this because I don't use indicators all that often. But I imagine for many people this might be a deal breaker for using NT.

Is there a way to somehow implement this currently through the editor or something? If not, can it be added to the software please?

Thanks

Hello,

Thanks for your note.

This would not be possible with the native features of the platform as the Optimization in the Strategy Analyzer would use fixed increments. However, I'm happy to submit a Feature Request to the Development Team to consider the possibility of implementing this feature in a future release of the platform.
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Drew, Yes please submit a feature request. Obviously you'd expect the % increment to round to the nearest whole number.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by chartchart, 05-19-2021, 04:14 PM
      3 responses
      1 like
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
      Started by bsbisme, Yesterday, 02:08 PM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby