Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Line Activation Problem

Hi...

Have noticed for some time that single lines generated with some graphic tools can be activated or highlighted from a distance. The attached video goes over this.

http://www.screencast.com/t/fTaqSZH06

Thanks...
    Last edited by Alfred; 02-20-2009, 02:02 PM.

A fix that seems to work....

Believe have discovered somewhat of a fix for this...

When formatting Properties on these tools...(if you wish to plot each just as a line)...on the second line down in the Properties selections...check some value for active, and set color to the screen background color. That seems to improve the lines from being overly sensitive to accidentally highlighting from a distance.

Thanks....
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Alfred; 02-22-2009, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Hello,

Try placing the Fib tool on a white chart where you can see the entire indicator with default coloring. You will see that you are actually clicking on the indicator horizontal lines (which are not showing in your video).
      DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi...thanks for the reply...don't think that could have been the cause of the initial problem though...in the video there were no lines set to black on any graphic tool.

The two tools shown below and in the video don't have horizontal lines (Fibonacci Time Extensions and Fibonacci Circle), so that could not have contributed to the problem shown in the video...just reviewed the video again...no Fibonacci Extension tool with potential hidden horizontal lines was shown in the video.

And on the Fibonacci Extension tool (not used that much all in all) ...I do have one horizontal line set to black now since the video...but setting that line to another color so it shows on a black screen...clicking on that line will not highlight the indicator either.

Thanks....
        Last edited by Alfred; 02-22-2009, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Hello,

I do not know what colors you are using, but the circles and the vertical lines are not showing. However the reason they are being highlighted is the same: you are clicking on the circle and/or the vertical lines of the drawing tool. This is expected behavior.

If you feel I am incorrect, please take an other video of the same behavior with all the default colors intact so we can see it in action.

Comment

Requested Video...

Hi Ben....

In the initial video the two tools were formatted with no check marks in the Active boxes at all in the Fibonacci Time Extensions and Fibonacci Circle tools. There was just one color set in the first line of options (again with no check mark in the active box on the first line)...thus there were no circles or timing lines that could have been shown in any color. The initial line of these tools will plot without any check mark in the Active box for that line.

Did another video on this (link below)....

I believe if you set up a chart like this and play around with it you will see the behavior described in the 2 videos.

Thanks...

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.
            Last edited by Alfred; 02-23-2009, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for video clip. I understand the issue now. Even though the lines are inactive, the "clickable" area that highlights the diaginal line (where the lines would have been) is still active. This is excepted behavior.

I will send your request that this be changed to our development team.

Comment

Thanks Ben...

I have mentioned this before...but the primary top line in these 3 tools (plus the Andrews Pitchfork) will only plot as a dashed line...it would be nice if this initial line on these tools could plot with all of the other option possibilities...Solid, Dot etc. along with the different line weights. Perhaps that could also be fixed when this other area is worked on.

Thanks....!!
                Last edited by Alfred; 02-23-2009, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Hello Alfred,

I will forward your suggestion to our development team and ask them if they can add this to the list of future considerations for the software.

Thank you for your feedback.
                  JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
                  0 responses
                  1 view
                  0 likes
                  Last Post CortexZenUSA  
                  Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM