Allow automated management for multiple entries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allow automated management for multiple entries

I determine manually where my entries should be.

Once a position is live, I want the system to automatically control my Trailing Stop. Yes, ATM does this now, but it determines when the Trailing Stop is triggered by the Entry Price; not the Breakeven Price (which, btw, are both the same for the first entry).

The problem occurs when a second (or third) position is placed while the first is still active. To properly manage a Trailing Stop, the ATM should use the Breakeven Price (not the Entry Price).

I've worked with support using all types of combinations before it was determined that ATM will not perform as I need.

My suggestion is that a checkbox be added to ATM that will use the Breakeven Price. This would solve the problem.

BTW, I have also looked into using a coded ATM Strategy, but this requires automatically entering a trade before it can manage the position. I've been told by support that there is no way to have an ATM Strategy simply manage a manual entry (the entry must be automated by the code). Hence, NT8 currently has no solution.

Thanks,
    Ron

If I understand you correctly, you would like the ATM to be based on your 'average entry price'.

Let's quickly define this:
    • Your initial entry price is 100 for 1 long contract
    • This makes your average entry price 100
    • You scale in at 110 for 1 long contract
    • This makes your average entry price 105 for 2 long contracts

In this scenario, you would want your ATM settings to now execute based on a price of 105?

Comment

Hi Patrick:

Let's consider the opposite direction, when the market goes against your initial position.

If I enter with 1 Long contract at 2250 (the ES), the Breakeven Price is 2250, If the market goes further down and I enter 4 Long contracts at 2240, then my Breakeven Price is now 2242.

I set my Trailing Stop trigger 3 ticks above the Breakeven Point (or 2242.75).

This approach works well for me, except I have to manually control my exit since ATM does not.

Thanks.

Comment

Thanks for the clarification.

I will submit this as a feature request to the Development Team.

Comment

Thanks, Patrick.

For all those viewing this thread, please provide supportive feedback which will help this potential enhancement occur sooner rather than later.

Thanks,
          Ron

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
          3 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post jeronymite  
          Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
          7 responses