Daily charts ..using tradestation data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily charts ..using tradestation data

I have made a list of all forex contracts....and have no problem with nt charts up to 240 min. But then when I switch to daily it only gives me 2 days on the chart ie 2 bars.

In addtion all the contracts show up but usdjpy doesnt show anything. even though when importing data it shows it has done that.

Any ideas?

thanks

Rick

Hello:

When you first login to NinjaTrader and open a forex chart you will receive 24 hours of historical data from Gain. Every day that you login you will compile another 24 hours of data so you are building history over time.

Gain Capital (forex.com) offers free forex charts from eSignal for customers who open with $1000 or more and trade 1 standard lot (or 10 mini lots) per month. This is a stand alone application for use with Gain and NinjaTrader and is a good option for traders who need more historical data from the start.

Regards,
    RyanNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

gain

Yes..but I am using tradestation data.....and all of the min charts are working fine....its only when i switch to daily that it dosnt work.....except usdjpy which dosnt show any data at all even though it imports fine

Comment

Hello:

Please verify your setup for importing historical data from TS following the instructions in the link below:

If your setup is correct that the problem persists with the daily data only, try this for me...

In the format data series window, select a 1440 minute chart as opposed to a daily chart. Then, how many days back worth of data can you receive?

Comment

minuite rather then daily

That solved the problem relative to not get historical using daily time frames....using min works nicely.

Now would there be any reason that usdjpy would be the only forex contract that didnt show up...it dosnt even post a price on market analyzer.

In addition for the real time data feeds on tradestation they seem to work great...but when you attempt to use streaming 15 min delayed it dosnt seem to import...

any ideas on these 2 problems

thanks again

Rick

Comment

Hi Rick:
            Thank you for your reply.
            1. Please ensure that you are setting up your TS datafeed for the USD/JPY contract in the same manner that you use for your other forex pairs.

Verify in TS that you have enabled the 'NTExternal Feed' strategy on this chart.

Also, verify your symbol mapping within NT is correct for this instrument.

More information on setting up the TS datafeed can be found here.

2. The data from TS works best when used in real time as oppposed to streaming on a 15 min. delay.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by jclose, Today, 09:37 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post jclose
            by jclose

Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
            10 responses