Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Alert on new bar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here you go I did not fiddle with it though.
    Attached Files

Comment

Oh!

It is Renko that causes the problem. I basically marry Heiken Ashi indicator with Renko bar. This formula produces the error because of Renko bar.

I noticed that when I use normal minute chart and add Heiken Ashi indicator it ignores the indicator and triggers alerts according to standard minutes chart.

Is there a way to make the function only look at bars that are painted by Renko type with Heiken Ashi indicator?

Also original Close Bar Alert that just triggers when a new bar is painted works fine with Renko. Although I do believe that it still ignores Heiken Ashi indicator even when implemented to chart with HA on it.

Bottom line
      1. Is there a way to trigger alert when Heiken Ashi changes (to different color) when it functions as an indicator on Renko type chart.
      2. Why is Renko returning the error?
      Last edited by zdzich; 09-24-2015, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by zdzich View Post
        Is there a way to make the function only look at bars that are painted by Renko type with Heiken Ashi indicator?

Bottom line
        1. Is there a way to trigger alert when Heiken Ashi changes (to different color) when it functions as a indicator on Renko type chart.
        2. Why is Renko returning the error?
        You would need a check for the PeriodType in your code: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...barsperiod.htm

Can you provide your code, not the Heiken Ashi code?

Comment

Sorry I don't understand what I am suppose to provide. You mean CloseBarAlert code? Or my workspace file? Or maybe my chart's template?
          Last edited by zdzich; 09-24-2015, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

I've modified your code CloseBarAlert and attached it below as an example of how to reference the HeikenAshi indicator. I modified to add in the code needed to check bar direction change when using the HeikenAshi indicator, issue alerts for each direction and draw a triangle on the chart to give you visual feedback that the indicator detected a change in direction/color.

It is functional and can be used as it or feel free to modify to further suit your needs.
            Attached Files
            Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Works great! Exactly what I needed!

Many many thanks guys tremendous service!

Comment

sound alert before candle close

Good morning, is it possible to play an alert like 30 seconds before a candle closes on regular time base periods?

Andres

Comment

Thank you for your question andddres1. Please create a new thread for these kinds of topics in the future rather than replying to an old thread. New replies here are not going to be easily visible to other members of the community searching for answers to similar queries.

The sample code in the TriggerCustomEvent page should help you get started setting up an alert like this. We are happy to answer any questions as they come up.

Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_AdamP View Post
                    Jim P,

I am happy to assist you.

The code I posted in post number 2 will work for you. For future reference, you can go to Tools > New NinjaScript > Indicator then just paste this code into your OnBarUpdate() method. However, Ill just attach this indicator below. To import it, go to Files > Utilities > Import NinjaScript.

Please let me know if I may assist further.
                    G'day,
                    EDIT: How about I read through the thread first BEFORE asking a question

David

Comment

May someone please convert the close bar alert to NT8.

Thanks
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by ramos04; 01-17-2018, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Hello ramos04,

We do not perform conversions by request as we cannot feasibly provide the same level of service for all of our clients.

With that said, the conversion would not be difficult to accomplish. I'll include some detail in case you or another member of the forums would like to convert the indicator.
                        • Creating the Plot and input variables can be created with the New Indicator Wizard in the NinjaScript Editor.
                        • The Alert method in OnBarUpdate() cannot be copied verbatim, but could be used with slight modifications. Please see the documentation for Alert() between NinjaTrader 7 and NinjaTrader 8 for more information.
                        • Colors will need to be replaced with Brushes

The New Indicator Wizard can be opened by right clicking on the Indicator folder in the NinjaScript Editor and selecting New Indicator.

I've included documentation links and a link to the NinjaScript Editor 401 recorded webinar for further direction and reference.

Alert() NT7 - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...nt7/?alert.htm

Alert() NT8 - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...-us/?alert.htm

AddPlot() (Reference for plotting) - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...s/?addplot.htm

NinjaScript Editor 401 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BA0W4ECyVdc

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
                        JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks NT_Jim for your attention to my request.

Am happy to say that after alot of copying and pasting all being trail and error, this was developed and am happy to share it.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by ramos04; 01-17-2018, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ramos04 View Post
                            Thanks NT_Jim for your attention to my request.

Am happy to say that after alot of copying and pasting all being trail and error, this was developed and am happy to share it.

Hello, haha i have been looking for something like this. Thank you for Share.

I want to ask you something and if is possible can you change it please.

1) E-mail Alerts.
                            2) Is possible when the New Candle Appear, can Plot a Message saying "New Candle" haha something like that.

Thank you ! and if u cant its ok. The Indicator is working excellent

Comment

Originally posted by contrax View Post
                              Hello, haha i have been looking for something like this. Thank you for Share.

I want to ask you something and if is possible can you change it please.

1) E-mail Alerts.
                              2) Is possible when the New Candle Appear, can Plot a Message saying "New Candle" haha something like that.

Thank you ! and if u cant its ok. The Indicator is working excellent
                              Sorry my friend, that would be alot of gambling for me

Comment

Someone please help, having successfully converted the closebar alert from NT7 to NT8 in post #57 (https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...5&d=1516224942), the NT8 version doesnt alert when I switch open workspaces, the NT7 version would do so.

I need it to alert when I switch workspaces
                                Last edited by ramos04; 02-02-2018, 06:17 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by jclose, Today, 09:37 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post jclose
                                by jclose

Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
                                10 responses
                                0 likes