Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DATABASE EDIT-MAINTAIN TOOL (To Ray)

Hi Ray,
    I hope you read these lines...of course you know better than anyone what Ninza really needs in order to be a better and complete platform...but IMHO this is the most crucial feature the software needs to overcome and solve many problems...(crashes etc.)...it needs a DATABASE EDITOR .
    Perfectly this could be a different aplication...alike Omega's GlobalServer where the user could establish account-data feed connections, determine how many days the data will be keeped, backfill symbols lost data
    edit-delete bad data get informed how much back data he has in cache (ticks-minute-daily bars) perform stock splits ,rollover futures data to next tradable month merge and backadjust data series....(ideally with an automatic pattern)
    I could describe much more abilities of a database editor but i believe you already got the meaning....this is a must have feature for an backtesting platform which Ninza wants to be....and i hope in version 7 we will see some improvements in this area....

sorry for my bad english...
    Best regards and keep up the good job..
    Kon

Thanks for your suggestion. We have a historical data manager on our list for NT7 yet.

Comment

Thanks Dierk,

Glad to hear that...will this historical data manager have some of the capabilities i have described ?

Comment

Certainly, we will publish details as we roll first beta of NT7.

Comment

I absolutly agree to trader65.

Please enhance the data management.

The best thing you could do is provide a (unsupported) open interface / API so that skilled programmers could access their own data stores, e.g. the open data server like the tree project.

Please make sure that there is some way to ensure that historical data is stored permanently. As far as I understood it the capabilities of the NT6 Data manager rely on the .net Framework caching mechanism which cannot be influenced directly - in other words: storing a lot of historical data into NT6 is a waste of time because it may be dropped the next moment. Correct?
          It would be a great stepp ahead for serious algo traders if data storage is separated from the rest of the storage facility / DB to ensure that collected data can be transferred to newer release or even shared with others.

best regards

Comment

" Please make sure that there is some way to ensure that historical data is stored permanently. As far as I understood it the capabilities of the NT6 Data manager rely on the .net Framework caching mechanism which cannot be influenced directly - in other words: storing a lot of historical data into NT6 is a waste of time because it may be dropped the next moment. Correct? "

Is this true ???
            What developers say about it???

Comment

Originally posted by trader65 View Post
              " Please make sure that there is some way to ensure that historical data is stored permanently. As far as I understood it the capabilities of the NT6 Data manager rely on the .net Framework caching mechanism which cannot be influenced directly - in other words: storing a lot of historical data into NT6 is a waste of time because it may be dropped the next moment. Correct? "

Is this true ???
              What developers say about it???
              Historical data is not dropped.
              RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 04:29 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post ScottWalsh