Collapse

Strategy Optimizer - Parameters column ordered alphabetically, not numerically

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy Optimizer - Parameters column ordered alphabetically, not numerically

Got another problem with the Strategy Analyzer column sorting.

After running an optimization, the results are shown in rows in the Optimizer tab and are sortable by column, but the Parameters column sorts itself alphabetically, not numerically, leading to a sort order like this for param going from 1 to 50:

etc

Adamus, thank you for reporting this as well. I've sent a note to development.
    AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

This is expected as the parameter column in 95% of the cases hold multiple parameters which are concatenated to a string like "<param1Value>/<param2Value2>" (see e.g. SampleMACrossOver).

Comment

In that case, I don't know how best to check what is called the "parameter landscape", since the parameters will not be in numerical order.

Perhaps you're familiar with the term, but if not, what I mean is this. The parameter under optimization is being tested with values from 1 to 100. A 'stable' parameter that is good for optimization and is likely to produce decent walk-forwards and profitable future trading, should show results where the optimal parameter value is at the top of a low hill, i.e. the graph of profit against parameter value should go up steadily to the optimal value and then decrease steadily back down again.

An 'unstable' parameter, one that shouldn't be optimized and won't give dependable future results, would have a spikey chart with multiple peaks.

If I have the values in sequence, 1 to 100, I can see this from the column in the Analyzer, I don't need a chart. But when the rows are mixed up, I can't tell.

That's why I need the parameter values to be sortable numerically.

Or failing that, I need to be able to chart the graph of profit vs parameter. Is that possible without exporting it to excel?

Thanks

Comment

>> Is that possible without exporting it to excel?
          Unfortunately not.

Comment

Is there a process which will allow me to make a feature request and see feedback or progress on the suggestion?

Comment

This forum e.g. has this section: http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...splay.php?f=11

Your request has been noted yet and added to our list or future considerations.

Comment

Just added this request to the other section http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...16&postcount=4

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by thanajo, 05-04-2021, 02:11 AM
                4 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post tradingnasdaqprueba  
                Started by aa731, Today, 02:54 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post aa731