Selecting Adjacent Chart Objects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Selecting Adjacent Chart Objects

is there any way to manually move from one selected chart object/item to the next object/item on the chart.

frequently, NT7 wants to select the largest item such as a trend line, and there is a chart marker or text message right next to the line. despite repeated attempts, NT will not select the chart market that I want to modify.

have tried zooming, - to no avail.

is it possible to use a key combination to move or cycle thru the items on the chart? This must have a solution.

Hello nanook77,

Thank you for your post.

There's, unfortunately, no key combination which allows for this type of cycling. With that said, what you might do is change the Z-order of the objects to make the object you're looking for easier to grab.

To change Z-Order:

Select the chart object by left mouse clicking on it

Hold down the "Shift" key on your keyboard and roll the mouse scroll wheel to change the z-order of the object. The current position out of the total number of levels in the z-scale will be displayed.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Kyle - "error loading chart data for XXXXX-XX. Disconnected from historic data server."

I use tick data and range bars - various sizes from 5 to 45. Download time is usually 3 days = though can go up to 15 days in some cases. Have also tried using Kinetick to no avail. Gain usually worked until the new rules were put in place - fwiw.

I continue to get this error on numerous instruments. My primary feed is a PFG live account. I also have a paid data feed from Barchart.

Am running both NT 7 B22 and NT 6.5 and have each running on Win 7 and Win XP SP3 platforms (problem is ubiquitous to all platforms). It is not the platform from any perspective that I can find as a long time beta tester for NT and WIN.

I do not have this problem when running PFG Best Trade Navigator - on any instruments and in both OS platforms. This issue seems to be exclusive to NT. Is there a solution - or do i need to switch to another platform and quit endorsing this product on my weekly radio broadcasts?

Have posted this twice in the forum and sent 2 messages to NT over the past 4 months. To no avail. Understand that NT7 is beta - and there is no excuse for this consistent hassle - that I can see. FWIW

My download is 16 to 22 MB pipe and upload is 3.5 to 5.8 pipe. So know that "time outs" is not the issue.

Understand that you have many issues with a new platform - would like a straight detailed answer as numerous users that I have recommended NT to as their operating platform, have sent me questions about this.

Thanks is advance

F Don Anderson
      Nanook77

Comment

Don,

Please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with 'ATTN: Kyle' in the subject line.

In the message, please include the following:
        1.) A link to this forum thread.

2.) Your most current trace file.
        You will find the trace file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.
        Today's trace file would be named 'trace.20101018.txt'.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Christopher_R  
        Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
        166 responses
        0 likes