Volume Bars Keep Disappearing on Chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Volume Bars Keep Disappearing on Chart

I pose the following question to the Ninja community...

Has anyone ever experienced the volume bars (from the VolumeUpDown indicator) completely disappearing from an open chart?

This has happened without me doing anything to the chart and it has happened when I click in the chart. I have many dozens of charts open, and it does not happen to all of the charts simultaneously. Maybe only one in 30, then 20 minutes later another chart will lose it's volume.

I'm been going back and forth with Ninja support, but they cannot recreate it on their end. So, I wanted to pose the question to the community to see if any else has ever experienced this same behavior.

I'm running the latest version of Ninja 7. I currently use Kinetick for data and IB as my broker. I've got over 8GB of memory installed on my PC, so that should not be the problem. This problem has popped up for over a year now... so, I tend to believe it is a bug on Ninja's side that others probably have experienced.

Thank you all!

fosch

Hello fosch,

Thank you for your post - do you remember who you were working with or the ticket number from the case you were working on? I would like to ensure the support rep you were working with can take note of any new information that may develop in this thread regarding your issue.

Also, for other users to help provide feedback, can you clarify if you experience this with minute or tick charts? Or do you see the issue with all intervals?
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post
      Hello fosch,

Thank you for your post - do you remember who you were working with or the ticket number from the case you were working on? I would like to ensure the support rep you were working with can take note of any new information that may develop in this thread regarding your issue.

Also, for other users to help provide feedback, can you clarify if you experience this with minute or tick charts? Or do you see the issue with all intervals?
      Hi Matthew,

Sure. I had been working with Kyle.

Thanks.

fosch

Comment

fosch,

Sounds like this indicator may be throwing an exception. I've seen this before in custom indicators.

Load the following indicator onto the charts with the official version.

See if this version stays on the chart when the official version disappears.

RJay
        Attached Files
        RJay
        NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Innovative Trading Solutions

Comment

Originally posted by rt6176 View Post
          fosch,

Sounds like this indicator may be throwing an exception. I've seen this before in custom indicators.

Load the following indicator onto the charts with the official version.

See if this version stays on the chart when the official version disappears.

RJay
          Thank you RJay,

Unfortunately, I tried your indicator out with the exception handling, but the volume continued to disappear after about 10 minutes.

Curious... did the same behavior that I described in my initial e-mail occur to you when you decided to add the exception handling version of the indicator. Or was some other type of issues inspire you to create the modification. Thanks again for the reply.

fosch

Comment

Originally posted by fosch View Post
            Thank you RJay,

Unfortunately, I tried your indicator out with the exception handling, but the volume continued to disappear after about 10 minutes.

Curious... did the same behavior that I described in my initial e-mail occur to you when you decided to add the exception handling version of the indicator. Or was some other type of issues inspire you to create the modification. Thanks again for the reply.

fosch
            I ran into problems when working with level2 data where indicators would just disappear.

excluding exceptions gives stability to level2 data collections when using a ladder.
            RJay
            NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Innovative Trading Solutions

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
            166 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post sidlercom80  
            Started by thread, Yesterday, 11:58 PM
            0 responses