Collapse

Memory Problem With RC2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I apologize for the inconvenience, soulfx. I have sent the following message to our IT department.
    This customer would like the delay before the forums automatically log you out due to inactivity increased so that their replies do not get destroyed.
    Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks it needs to be extended - i thought first time oh well but second time ......
      back to my question and ill keep short ... is there a tool ie www.red-gate.com a memory profiler memory leak detector tool that works with ninja trader NT8 ... i think this might be a better way to go for developers to see where potential problems arise?
      thanks

Comment

Thank you for your suggestion, soulfx. If your suggestion was for our benefit, our developers have tools available to them for profiling memory. For the benefit of our customers, as NinjaTrader 8 has improved Visual Studio integration, I would like to post the following publicly available Microsoft blog link detailing Visual Studio's Memory Usage tool.

As part of our continued effort to provide great diagnostic tools for developers, Visual Studio 2013 introduces a new Memory Usage tool as a part of the Performance and Diagnostics hub. The Memory Usage tool supports Windows Store and Windows Phone Store apps using C#/VB/C++ and XAML.

Comment

thanks was more question for developers ... wondered if visual studio tool was good enough for memory leak issue troubleshooting

Comment

In continuing observations of ,my note below - running with little to no changes of workspace for about 7 days or so and yesterday the memory climbed to 2000MB from avge of 500MB ... started climbing again this morning - so i did normal closedown disconnect and deleted db/cache and all is well again.
            This alas is not something i can readily recreate with your suggestion of the ninja provided tick replay indicators buysellpressure etc .. as would need to likely run for 6 7 or more days ... so wanted to share - what is (if any) the connection that when i periodically (approx weekly) delete db/cache it somehow rectifies the climbing memory issue as the day progresses - mostly ES charts 8 tabs and 2 tabs of 6E.
            So within this 7 day period the memory is fine which has been for long time and goes long way to show it is highly unlikely (although one can never say with certainty) it is not within the indicator but in the framework and ninja environment and threading. Given it takes 6 days or so to reproduce it is difficult to say what action is different - have seen the note on cursor hovering over the icons and dont sense it is that in this instance. So just sharing
            thanks

Comment

if you are using NinZaRenko, please make sure you are using the latest version (v3.1 as of this post), NinZaRenko and NT8RC2 may be having compatibility issues

Comment

Hello, before i detail any specifics of now numerous issues from having another clean run of 6 days and then the growing memory issue as before to over 2000MB .... indicators randomly reporting issues which i have checked logic to :
                1. deleting db/cache has minimal effect
                2. clear signs of both template and workspace corruption issues
                3. being forced to kill process when it hangs opening up anew tab for an already working template

what effect will repair db have - advises seeking support guidance - have seen litttle to no mention of this in the ninja 8 beta threads....

Almost at despair point of how much time is wasted on workspace corruption having to restart and recreate over and over ... its like the platform is so sensitive to something even when indicators are NOT even changed - one day the random sequence of threads of running and inter operating threads cant cope - and very hard to recreate in a way that is meaningful to send to ninja and i have tried directly to support and via the forum and unfortunately i get the patronising platitudes that it is beta and we cant recreate,

I have stated repeatedly to seemingly deaf ears on the very apparent issue on the vulnerability to corrupt workspaces - i have asked the questions you should be asking yourselves - but i get NO clear answer - just ignored over and over.

This is not good ninja and allegedly you have 1000s of users running live (i find that hard to believe unless they are running 1 or 2 simple standard charts with minimal complexity).
                Either others are not reporting workspace issues or they are not truly stress testing this. If i did not own a license i would be seriously looking for alternative solutions now.

So again do you recommend i do a complete install or db repair or is a new RC3 imminent that i should await?

If you want people to spend countless hours and days on testing this in their own time one at least deserves more complete answers specific questions - if who ever happens to pick up the thread on that day is not qualified to answer beyond a boiler plate answer they should have the humility to pass it on to someone who has the experience. This is feedback to the support which on the whole i have been happy with but this is new territory and it strikes me as the level of openness and complexity you have strived to offer is not matched with a robust enough underlying system to cope - in the words of one in a recent presentation - the cost of the openness of this means 1 line of 'bad' code can throw the application and it just hangs - surely that is not a good approach nor is that rationalisation acceptable without at least better error logging in the log files rather than misleading and random out of context messages.
                Last edited by soulfx; 11-11-2016, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Hello soulfx,

I would like to schedule a support call with you. If this is possible, I would just need a few things from you before our call.

Could you e-mail the following to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com , with Attn:NinjaTrader_JessicaP and 1586003 in the subject line of your e-mail?

• A phone number where you can be reached
                  • A time window where I can call you (please include a time zone) our regular support hours are 8:30am to 6pm US Eastern, Monday through Friday.
                  • Shortly before our call, please launch our remote support application (TeamViewer). There are 2 ways you can do this.

Thank you in advance if we may do this, this would give us an opportunity to capture your exact system configuration so that we may have the whole picture when we are profiling, rather than simply profiling our existing code base on our end.

Comment

SoulFX,

Thanks for being candid and providing feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to work through NinjaTrader 8. I reviewed the case, and would like to add the following in addition to Jessica's reply to schedule a remote session with you to try and help get through the problem your constantly running into:

* We utilize c# programming language and offer the same to 3rd party vendors who wish to create rich and integrated apps and more.
                    * It provides great power but also great responsibility since one line of code could be causing headaches.
                    * Blindly rebuilding workspaces or repairing database's actually do nothing but 'hide' or mask the problem for it to return later. It never solves the root problem. We need to get to your root problem of which Jessica has offered to help.
                    * A new release is on the way which does contain one fix around memory ballooning when hovering over the task bar. We don't have any other cases of memory ballooning so either you are using the software in a unique way that we have not seen and exposing a NinjaTrader bug or you have a 3rd party script which is allocating a bunch of memory causing general problems. We need isolate down to see which one it is, which Jessica will help with.(Thanks Jessica!)

-Brett

Comment

Hello, thank you to you both for your replies and consideration. What i am working on now is a new workspace to being running on monday. I need to have something in place in order to make the call and your valueable time constructive for all. I will get back to you in due course off line to setup a call next week
                      thank you

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
                      3 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
                      Started by Johnny Santiago, 10-11-2019, 09:21 AM
                      95 responses
                      0 likes