Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

serialized error, what is this?

Hello,
    I just tried to save a workspace and got this error message (see attached file). What does it mean? Did the workspace not save? How do I fix this?
    Tasuki
    BTW, I had to click several times to get rid of the message. Does this mean that several indicators are having this problem?
    Attached Files

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

I'd like to see your log and trace files. Please send me a note to platformsupport (at) ninjatrader (dot) com. Attach your most current log and trace files to the email, and put a link to this forum post in the body of the email. Please note "ATTN: Drew" in the body of the response.

You will find the log file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.

The log file will be named "log.20170810.txt"

You will find the trace file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.

The trace file will be named "trace.20170810.txt"

I look forward to hearing from you.
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Comin' your way, Drew. thanks!
      Tasuki

Comment

Hello Tasuki,

Thank you for your patience.

Serialization is the process of taking the information from a UI item like an indicator and then setting it to a text document (.xml in this case). This can include your templates and workspaces.

The error means that when the .xml is being called it does not match the UI item. This could be when a parameter no longer exists, but as this are happening on the pre-loaded indicators (which should not have changes to their code) this is an indication that the workspaces or templates are corrupted.

Please shut down NinjaTrader > go to Documents\NinjaTrader 7\workspaces > select all files > right click > cut > then right click on your desktop or in a folder on your desktop and select paste. Once complete start NinjaTrader and attempt to save a workspace with a chart open an the EMA or other indicators from the messages.

Please let me know the results on this test.

Comment

???

Hi Patrick,
          Thanks for the explanation. I put the workspaces in a folder on the desktop, went into NT 7 and tried to follow your instructions to save a workspace, but of course all my workspaces are missing. What do I do now? Create a whole new workspace, or what? Not clear to me how to proceed.
          Thanks,
          Tasuki
          p.s. I have dozens of workspaces, all of them meticulously annotated (daily/weekly/monthly charts). To re-create them all again by hand would be virtually impossible, or at least a major pain. Isn't there some way to repair this corruption, if that's what's wrong?
          Last edited by Tasuki; 08-11-2017, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Hello Tasuki,

Thank you for your response.

This would simply be a test and you could move the workspace files back from the desktop to Documents\NinjaTrader 7\workspaces at any time.

During the test I would like you to open a single chart and apply the EMA then attempt to save that workspace.

If you would like to set up a remote support call to look into this on the phone please write to us at platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with 'ATTN: Patrick H' in the subject line and a reference to this thread in the body of the email. Please include your telephone number and a time we may reach you. We are available from 8:30 am to 6 pm EST.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Thanks, Patrick. the workspace saved without a problem, so there's some other issue. I'll do as you suggest and set up a remote connection, but it'll have to wait until Tuesday.
              Thanks,
              Tasuki

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Waxavi
              by Waxavi

Started by TradeForge, Today, 02:09 AM