Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot connect to IB TWS anymore

Hi there,

I had to completly re-install TWS over the weekend. This meant deleting everything within C:\jts\ . I got TWS up and running without a problem, however this morning when I try to connect to TWS via NT I received the error message (see error1.png):

Login failed: Can't find TWS executable at 'C:\jts\960\tws.exe'. Unable to start TWS.

I then went into C:\jts\ and found that indeed there is no "960" folder and the executable lives in the "jts" folder, that is - in 'C:\jts\tws.exe'.

I remember having to go into TWS itself and set something so that NT will be able to connect. For the life of me I can't remember what this setting was. Could anyone please shed some light or perhaps send the url which exaplains how to setup TWS for NT?

Thanks,
    Michelle
    Attached Files

Hello Michelle,

Can you please check what TWS version you currently have installed. You can check this at Help-->About TradersWorkstation in TWS. Please note that we currently support TWS 960.2g with NinjaTrader 7. If you have a different TWS version, you can download and install TWS 960.2g from the IB connection guide below which contains step by step instructions to create the connection as well.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Jason - it was the settings in step 4 which I needed. Everything is back to normal now.

I'm using a much later version of TWS without any problems. I'm not at my desktop but my current version can be seen in the attached screenshot of my initial post above.

Thanks again.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by thanajo, 05-04-2021, 02:11 AM
      3 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post tradingnasdaqprueba  
      Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes