Collapse

New Ninja FOREX broker: OANDA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any idea how long the development effort took to support MT4?

Comment

Hmmmm...good question I didn't think to ask them but...here's a post I did over at Big Mike's.

I was talking to someone at OANDA support recently about MT4. I'm not really crazy about MT4, but I was interested in trying it with OANDA, just to see how well it works, and because I got interested in a 3rd party order management software that works with MT4

Anyway had a nice conversation with a gent there, and he said they finally just heard from SO many MT4 users that they decided to make it happen.

I probed a bit to see what the internal buzz was at OANDA about this and, without quoting, I came away with the impression that they don't really understand WHY any one would want to use MT4, but that their was such a large group of fanatical MT4 users that wanted it, that they just finally decided to do it.

SO - this got me thinking that maybe we NinjaTraders should be expressing ourselves directly to OANDA to get this done. Might be good timing for both companies with NT's successful 7 launch and OANDA's successful MT4 launch.

regards

Comment

I think I am in a very very common category of NT users.

- I used to use NT + GAIN free datafeed and OANDA to actually place orders.

- It will be a very, very cold day in hell when I'll stop using OANDA.

- NT lost tons and tons of value when it lost the GAIN data feed.

- I waited since then for NT to do something to close the gap. I don't like MT4 at all (lacks of some things I want including range bars) I will have to make a choice soon-ish. If NT won't work with OANDA I'll have to discard NT and go with MT4. I say this with sadness.

Comment

Originally posted by dfumagalli View Post
          I think I am in a very very common category of NT users.

- I used to use NT + GAIN free datafeed and OANDA to actually place orders.

- It will be a very, very cold day in hell when I'll stop using OANDA.

- NT lost tons and tons of value when it lost the GAIN data feed.

- I waited since then for NT to do something to close the gap. I don't like MT4 at all (lacks of some things I want including range bars) I will have to make a choice soon-ish. If NT won't work with OANDA I'll have to discard NT and go with MT4. I say this with sadness.
          NinjaTrader currently supports connections to Live funded account with GAIN Capital/Forex.com. I have provided a link below to our Connection Guide that goes over how to create this connection within NinjaTrader.

Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

You could make the choice to close the gap yourself and buy data feed. I think the '"tons and tons of value" boils down to about $70USD per month.

If NinjaTrader does work with OANDA in the future it won't be free.

Comment

Please integrate Oanda support as a forex broker.
              We would be numerous to welcome this with applauses.

Also you would open up to autotrade signals companies like www.currensee.com which amongst the dozens of forex brokers they support, chose Oanda as their most prefered choice... there must be a reason.
              This would stand out above the old MetaTrader4 alternative there.

Please consider it.
              Last edited by SARdynamite; 12-16-2011, 05:42 AM.

Comment

Just throwing this out there... Oanda feed for NT please.

Interactive Broker's tick data is garbage, so I'm using Oanda in MT4 with a tick chart converter. Buts its such a roundabout way of getting what I need. Forex.com is a horrible broker, everybody says so. Even people that have live Gain/Forex.com accounts only do so for the feed. Which I might just do. I'd rather not have to add another brokerage to my list though...

I wish Interactive could just provide better tick data. Their tick charts are all out of wack...

Comment

I´m IN

$50 monthly

Comment

Somehow MT4 seems to be getting a lot of brokers to offer it as a platform. Can NinjaTrader team shed some light on why they don't seem to be doing deals with the brokers we keep asking for? And is it really the case that OandA would charge NinjaTrader a fee for working to bring more business to them? I would have expected the contrary.

Comment

While we are always looking to expand our brokers, much like the upcoming adddition of FXCM, please understand these partnerships do take time and careful consideration.

NinjaTrader has always taken customer requests very seriously and will continue to do so.
                      Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

FinFX

I saw today FinFX also supports FIX api, and its ECN broker.

Still want better replay data for forex. no wide spreads.

Comment

We want OANDA...please...

I don't see myself ever leaving OANDA but I love ninjatrader too. how about we hook these two up ay! its about time...

Comment

I agree ... I wish OANDA was there !

Comment

Originally posted by easyfresh3000 View Post
                              Hello,

I know that you don't want to add Oanda because they charge 600$/month for their
                              API. But after intensiv testing (with real money accounts) I have to say that Oanda is one of the best Forex brokers.

I can't belive that the 600$ are the problem. If this is really the problem we maybe find some people who are ready to pay 100$/month to sponsor the Oanda API. I'm ready to pay for this.

Does OANDA still charge that? Maybe they will make it free for NinjaTrader ?

Comment

Love Oanda, Love NT. Need both. Thread up.
                                fx.practic
                                NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - fx.practic

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by cre8able, Today, 03:20 PM
                                1 response
                                0 likes
                                Last Post cre8able  
                                Started by fiddich, Today, 05:25 PM
                                0 responses