Third Party Connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Third Party Connection

Is there a simple tutorial or explanation of how to set up a third party connection and drive data to ninjatrader?

Cheers
    Norm

Hi Norm,

Thank you for your note and welcome to the NinjaTrader support forum!

Instructions for creating a connection to each of NinjaTrader's supported data providers are available here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/Support.php#Help-Guides
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I found 'External Data Feed Connection' but doesn't say much more than check out the DLL functions. Also, NTDirect.dll doesn not exist. I have re-installed Ninjatrader but still no sign of NTDirect.dll.

So, is it possible for me to send my own data series to Ninjatrader charts and if so please tell me how.

Cheers
      Norm

Comment

Hi Norm,,

Taking a step back, which data provider are you trying to connect to? Is this one of our supported providers?

A list of supported data sources is available here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...rical_data.htm

Comment

The manual states

External Data Feed Connection
          The External Data Feed connection is a default connection installed with NinjaTrader. In combination with the DLL Interface, it provides 3rd party applications the ability to drive NinjaTrader with market data.

This connection targets those traders who have programming experience and wish to create a market data link between their charting or custom application and NinjaTrader which allows them to use the full functionality of NinjaTrader simulator. Please refer to the Ask and Bid functions of the DLL Interface.

I took this to meaning that, as a developer, I could set up my own 3rd party feed interface and therefore use the charting featurees for my own data. Have I mis-interpreted the description above?

Cheers
          Norm

Comment

Hi Norm,

Thanks for the clarification.

Creating a connection to another provider outside of those NinjaTrader offically supports is possible - but the assistance we can offer is very limited.

Comment

Originally posted by nrogers805 View Post
              I took this to meaning that, as a developer, I could set up my own 3rd party feed interface and therefore use the charting featurees for my own data. Have I mis-interpreted the description above?

Cheers
              Norm
              Just to clarify... You could call our DLL from your own application send real time last/bid/ask data to NinjaTrader. You will not be able to send through this DLL historical data.
              RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes, thats what I want to be able to achieve (send data via DLL- not historical). So how do I go about it, there doesn't seem to be any simple explanation on how to do this.

Cheers
                Norm

Comment

Have a peep at NinjaTrader.Client.dll. You are already aware of the functions etc

Comment

Thank you.

I have located the dll and added it to my project. However, I have no instructions on how to actually use this.

If I want to send prices to Ninjatrader to display in a chart what do I actualy need to do?

Cheers
                    Norm

Comment

Originally posted by nrogers805 View Post
                      Thank you.

I have located the dll and added it to my project. However, I have no instructions on how to actually use this.

If I want to send prices to Ninjatrader to display in a chart what do I actualy need to do?

Cheers
                      Norm
                      try this http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...?functions.htm

Comment

Thanks but that is just a list of functions. They also seem to be functions provided by NTDirect.dll and not the dll that ou pointed me to.

So what functions do I invoke? Where do I invoke them? How does Ninjatrader chart pick them up?

Surely there is a simple step by step guide on how to get up and started with this?

Cheers
                        Norm

Comment

have u read the contents of the link? everything is well defined there itself.

Comment

I have. Perhaps this is just too simple and I am seeing straight passed it all.

So, all I need to do is call the 'last' function like this: dllname.last("test", 100.00, 2000) then I will see an entry on a chart for an instrument called 'test' ?

Cheers
                            Norm

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
                            3 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                            Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
                            3 responses