Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a calculated stop

Hi,

I have a strategy that has an ema crossover with bollinger bands. I normally start with a 4 tick stop, then move the stop up 4 ticks at a time. However, at a certain point I would like to have the stop become 1 tick above or below the middle of the bollinger bands as the trend continues.

So start with stop strategy #1: 4 ticks and it shrinks as the trade moves in the money then moves to 1 tick below the bollinger band.

The thing is, even though this cross over happens and could be programmed in a strategy--there is still a discretionary element to this in that I need to check other data before taking the trade. So I can't just create a strategy and automate the entry--it still needs to be discretionary about whether to put on the trade.

I DO need, however, to automate the exit where the computer moves the stop up based on a formula of bb+1 or bb-1.

Any ideas about how to accomplish that?

Thanks!

Ron

Hello rsteckly,

Thank you for your post.

Using automation in certain aspects of the strategy yet involving manual interface for placement of orders involves unsupported means to achieve what is needed.

So you start with a custom interface for order placement. Take a look at this example provided by one of our users in NinjaTrader 7 at the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...d=5&linkid=490

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
    2 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post algospoke  
    Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
    3 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred