Stop / limit / stop-limit orders from Chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stop / limit / stop-limit orders from Chart

Hi, I’m using Ninjatrader with IB Forex. Planning to go live in about a couple of months.

I would like to use stop / limit / stop-limit orders from ninjatrader’s Chart. And be able to adjust the stop price and limit price (before issuing the order) from within the chart itself.
    Could you please tell me how I can do this.

Secondly, I find that the PnL box gets reset to blank, a few minutes after the entry/exit trades are completed. What should I do to ensure that the PnL box retains its value, at least until I close the Ninjatrader application.

Thank you so much.

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

1.) You can right click to enter limit/stop orders in Chart Trader.

Please review the Chart Trader section of the Help Guide here: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...ngOrders2.html

2.) Right click in your Chart Trader and select properties. Set "Show realized profit when flat" to "True."
    Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you very much. That solved my problem!

Comment

Unfortunately, the right click on charts is not good enough when the market is moving fast. Sometimes the buy/sell stop/limit gives a popup fail msg if the market moved to the other side of where you right clicked. It would be much better if NinjaTrader used the "transmit" icon like in IB charts or OpenECry. That way the user can setup and move the trading lines, then decide when to transmit instead of right-clicking to have the menu block the screen and also a pop-up to press okay to confirm the trade. With the right-click method, it is 3-clicks and 3 precise mouse movements versus the transmit of 1-click and 1 precise mouse movement to the transmit icon to confirm an order.

Comment

Improvements to this are on developments consideration list.

Some workarounds may be putting your limit order on far away from last traded price and clicking to modify it when you want a fill, or Linking your chart to a SuperDOM to place orders.
          Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by cre8able, Today, 03:20 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post cre8able  
          Started by Fran888, 02-16-2024, 10:48 AM
          3 responses
          0 likes