Opening chart causes ninjatrader to crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opening chart causes ninjatrader to crash

I am using ninjatrader version 5.1000.13 and connecting to IB data feed. every time I try and open up a chart of any kind it gives me the "ninjatrader must shut down" error i've already sent in the trace log, but was wondering if anyone was familiar with this problem. nothing came up on google when I searched for it. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello TishTamble,

Thank you for your post.

Please go to Help-->Mail to Support include Attn: Chris, ticket 228431 in the subject and be sure you have Log and trace files checked prior to sending.

I look forward to assisting you further.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

sent the e-mail, something else that might be useful to problem solving this is when i am trying to connect to a feed it doesn't actually say that it is connected it continues to say connecting. for both my IB feed and even my market replay feed as well. hopefully this will help you figure out whats going on.

Comment

Hello TishTamble,

Can you please tell me what version of NinjaTrader you currently have installed by going to Help-->About. If you do not have NinjaTrader 6.5.1000.13 installed please upgrade at the link I have provided below.

Next please install IB Standalone TWS 895.3 at the link I have provided below.

Next please remove, repair and recreate your connection with the steps I have provided below.
        • Please go to the Tools menu--> select Account Connections--> highlight the connection--> click Remove
        • Then go to the Tools menu--> select Options--> select the Misc tab--> click Repair DB
        • Restart NinjaTrader
        • Please go to the Tools menu--> select Account Connections and recreate the account connection.

I have provided a link below to our Connection Guide that will assist you with recreating your connection.

Please let me know if the issue persists after this procedure.

Comment

I have version 6.5.1000.13 of ninjatrader already as well as the correct version of TWS 895.3 (which I believe IB just stopped supporting) i went through your connection steps and cleared the DB but it is still doing it everytime I try and open a chart, it will let me open a chart if im not connected to a feed. but if i'm connected to any feed (simulation, market replay, IB) it won't let me open the chart.

Comment

Please forward me your log and trace files again.

Please go to Help-->Mail to Support include Attn: Chris, ticket 228431 in the subject and be sure you have Log and trace files checked prior to sending.

Comment

I have sent the files again.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Perr0Grande, Today, 08:16 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Perr0Grande  
              Started by elderan, Today, 08:03 PM