Bug in options->simulator->click okay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bug in options->simulator->click okay

NT7 has the bug which is also in NT6.5 whereby clicking on the Okay button generates an error message telling you that something went wrong and you need to restart NT. Clicking Canel appears to do what Okay ought to do without generating the error message.

Hello mtthwbrnd,

Can you please verify if you refer to the OK button in the Simulator-tab or do you refer to the OK button upon resetting an account?

When I test both buttons on my end, I do not experience an error. Can you please post your latest log and trace files. You can find these files at the following locations:

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Log--> log.20100408.txt for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Trace--> trace.20100408.txt for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Please include an estimated time you clicked the OK button.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Will PM the log and trace files.

This is how to reproduce:

Start NT7 64-bit verision
      Tools -> Options -> Simulator Tab -> Click reset -> Click Okay
      Then, Click okay in the Simulator Tab to generate the error.

Comment

Relevent bit of trace file:

2010-04-08 12:51:03:755 Instantiating serializers... 2010-04-08 12:51:03:756 Deleting temporay files... 2010-04-08 12:51:03:782 Loading server side config file... 2010-04-08 12:51:04:166 Creating user defined methods files... 2010-04-08 12:51:04:168 Loading master instruments... 2010-04-08 12:51:05:395 Loading instruments... 2010-04-08 12:51:06:078 Loading default symbol list... 2010-04-08 12:51:06:159 Loading available connections... 2010-04-08 12:51:07:209 Connecting ATI server... 2010-04-08 12:51:07:211 Cbi.AtiServer.Connect1 2010-04-08 12:51:07:228 Cbi.AtiServer.ConnectNow: Port=36973 2010-04-08 12:51:07:230 Cbi.AtiServer.ConnectNow2 2010-04-08 12:51:07:264 Syncronizing executions... 2010-04-08 12:51:07:323 Registering chart styles... 2010-04-08 12:51:07:624 Registering bars types... 2010-04-08 12:51:07:659 Hiding splash... 2010-04-08 12:51:07:663 Restoring workspace 'Untitled1'... 2010-04-08 12:51:16:531 Setting global sim mode... 2010-04-08 12:51:16:683 Setting ATI... 2010-04-08 12:51:16:686 Starting messages timer... 2010-04-08 12:51:16:686 Starting news timer... 2010-04-08 12:51:16:686 Activating hot keys 2010-04-08 12:51:16:687 ApplicationStart done, took 16.3 secs 2010-04-08 12:52:15:696 in OnUnhandledThreadException 2010-04-08 12:52:15:706 ********* exception trapped ********* 2010-04-08 12:52:15:706 The requested operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open.
        2010-04-08 12:52:15:706 at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy) at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy) at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share) at System.Xml.XmlDOMTextWriter..ctor(String filename, Encoding encoding) at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Save(String filename) at NinjaTrader.Cbi.ConfigSerializer.Serialize() at NinjaTrader.Gui.OptionsForm.OnOk(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventAr gs mevent) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.W ndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Comment

These steps do not result in an error on my end.

The crash is listed as:

********* exception trapped *********
          2010-04-08 12:52:15:706 The requested operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open.

Could it be you had a Windows Explorer window opened that contained NinjaTrader files when you were running NinjaTrader?

In addition, can you please check if your virus scanner or any other application locks files in the (My) Documents-->NinjaTrader 7 folder, which NinjaTrader needs to write to. Please make sure to configure your virus scanner so that none of the files in directory above would be locked. Or remove that directory from the scanning list. A similar crash has been reported at the forum thread below.

Comment

I just rebooted my computer and the error went away.

The error does not occur until I connect to barchart.com.

When I connect to barchart.com, the error occurs.

After that first error, the error still occurs when disconnected, even if I restart NT7 and do not connect.

Comment

Can you please check the items in post #5 that could cause such a crash.

Comment

It just crashed again. This time I had un selected all of the sounds (so that I could watch something on my computer while eating my dinner without the "order pending", "order filled" sounds). When I clicked on "Okay", NT emmitted the crash window and deleted all of my strategies.

It was a bit annoying because I am trying to do a long run to test my system. So far I have only managed a couple of hours. Last night my stupid computer decided to install updates and reboot.

There is definitely something wrong with that "Okay" button. I feel anxious whenever I have to press it.

Comment

Attached is the error that occurs when okay is clicked after deselecting all of the sounds.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hi mtthwbrnd,

Have you tried disabling your anti-virus software as of yet?
                    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I use AVG free. There does not appear to be anyway to disable it short of uninstalling it.

Before I uninstall it, has anybody actually reported any virus checker related issues which result in this NT error message? None of my other programs have ever been affected by the virus checker.

In any event, surely clicking on the Okay button should never result in this message or a crash?

Comment

Hi mtthwbrnd,

Yes, we have seen the exception NinjaTrader_Jason mentioned in post # 5 generating as a result of anti-virus and/or automated backup software.

Also, rather than uninstalling, if you know how to create an exception in AVG (under resident shield settings) for the My Documents > NinjaTrader 7 folder, that should also do the trick.

You are correct, clicking the OK button should not result in a crash.
                        Last edited by NinjaTrader_Kyle; 04-15-2010, 03:22 PM.

Comment

I will try uninstalling the virus checker, but that will likely make me resart my computer - so I will do it when I have not got so much stuff open.

I just tried the following, which did not generate the error message:

Close NT
                          Open NT
                          Do not connect to barchart.com (which I usually do)
                          deselect the sounds
                          click okay

This did not generate the crash. If I do the following, it does generate the crash:
                          Close NT
                          Open NT
                          Connect to barchart.com
                          deselect the sounds
                          click okay

Comment

Hi mtthwbrnd,

I'm not seeing the crash when following those steps.

Please run through the steps one more time after uninstalling AVG and keep us updated on the results.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by aa731, Today, 02:54 AM
                            0 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post aa731
                            by aa731

Started by thanajo, 05-04-2021, 02:11 AM
                            3 responses