Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Connecting Ninja Trader with IB Paper Trading Account.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connecting Ninja Trader with IB Paper Trading Account.

Hi, I have an account with Interactive Brokers and would like to try out Ninja Trader. I want to try out Ninja Trader on a simulated account with real time data feeds. I have connected Ninja Trader to the Paper Trading Account I have with Interactive Brokers. Will the executions I will be placing on Ninja Trader be simulated since Im connected with a Paper Trading account or will they go live? I want to be sure that I am on a simulator.
    Thanks for your support.

Hello Scooter1,

As long as you select a simulation account in the Account-field of the NinjaTrader order entry window, you will trade in simulation.

If you use the free license, you are limited to trade only the sim101 account, which is a simulation account.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Connecting to IB Paper Trade and Regular Accounts at the same time.

I have an account with IB and have a single IB broker Ninja Licence. I want to have two account connections to run two different strategies on the two accounts. One to the regular account and the other to the pape trade account.

Is this possible?

I tried to set up a second connection in Nija and immediately get a Login failed: TWS closed socket (No more data to read) message from Ninja. I can log into the paper trade account normally on the same PC as the regular account with out Ninja with no problems with two TWSs. How can I get this to work?

Comment

Hello Bluepoint,

Unfortunately it is not supported to connect to two IB connections simultaneously in NinjaTrader.

Comment

So what is the point of an accounts tab, to view mulitiple accounts if its not allowed? Can i have one connection and multiple accounts?

Comment

We provide multi broker licenses which allows you to connect to different brokers simultaneously. Subsequently, the Accounts-tab will display each live account you are connected to.

You can have multiple IB accounts per one IB connection. Please contact IB for more information.

Comment

Does this have to do with subaccounts of a FA or a thing in IB they call linked accounts?

Comment

Yes, I believe so.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
                  Hello Scooter1,

As long as you select a simulation account in the Account-field of the NinjaTrader order entry window, you will trade in simulation.

If you use the free license, you are limited to trade only the sim101 account, which is a simulation account.
                  Hi, just to be totally clear, you are saying that you cannot execute trades into an IB paper trading account using the free license for NT?

Comment

Hello trapezoid,

Yes, that is correct. The free NinjaTrader license key is limited to trade the NinjaTrader sim101 account only.

If you like to trade an external account, whether demo, paper or live, you will need to have a live license key.

Comment

I got a live multi-broker lifetime license for ninja which i bought 7 years ago. At the same time, i want to connect "ninja 8" to Rosenthal Collins Group broker to do live trading and also connect ninja to Interactive Brokers (IB) broker (via the gateway or TWS) to do "paper trading" in an IB demo account, is this setup possible to do? Do I need to use TWS to place trades from ninja into the IB "demo account", or can this be done via a "ninja 8" to "IB gateway" connection (setup) without any need to run any TWS instances on my PC? Thanks in advance. Regards, Rod
                      Last edited by Rocket130713; 05-16-2017, 02:08 AM.

Comment

Hello Rocket130713,

Yes, this is possible. You can submit the orders within NinjaTrader to your IB demo account using IB Gateway. Make sure to disable 'Global Simulation Mode' at Control Center-->Tools after you get connected to the IB demo account. If not disabled, the Sim101 account will be selected and cannot be changed.

You can find the Interactive Brokers connection guide at the link below. It includes instructions for both TWS and Gateway.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
                        0 responses
                        1 view
                        0 likes
                        Last Post CortexZenUSA  
                        Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
                        0 responses