Connecting to MBT's quote server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connecting to MBT's quote server

MBT has a order server and a quote server. Often times the order server is down while the quote server is up. But when order server is down NT will not able to connect to MBT to get quote even thougt quote server is up.

Can NT be improved so that it can get data from MBT even though it's order server is down but quote server is up? So we can still get data even we cann't trade.

Also, during/around midnight, MBT will bring down its order server, and NT will try to reconnect, how long NT will keep trying to reconnect before it gives up? or does it give up? My obersavation is NT will stop trying to reconnect when the time hits 00:00:00am, is this correct?

In any case I hople NT will keep trying to reconnect until I shut down NT or MBT's order server comes back up.

Thanks

>> Can NT be improved so that it can get data from MBT even though it's order server is down but quote server is up? So we can still get data even we cann't trade.
    Thanks for your suggestion. We'll add to the list.

>> Also, during/around midnight, MBT will bring down its order server, and NT will try to reconnect, how long NT will keep trying to reconnect before it gives up? or does it give up? My obersavation is NT will stop trying to reconnect when the time hits 00:00:00am, is this correct?
    This is driven by MBT navigator itself. We do not know. You should not stay connected as MBT resets their servers.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dierk View Post
      >> Can NT be improved so that it can get data from MBT even though it's order server is down but quote server is up? So we can still get data even we cann't trade.
      Thanks for your suggestion. We'll add to the list..
      Thanks

>> Also, during/around midnight, MBT will bring down its order server, and NT will try to reconnect, how long NT will keep trying to reconnect before it gives up? or does it give up? My obersavation is NT will stop trying to reconnect when the time hits 00:00:00am, is this correct?
      This is driven by MBT navigator itself. We do not know. You should not stay connected as MBT resets their servers.
      The thing is MBT navigator was running with data still ticking while they reset their order server. NT is trying to reconnect once per min while their order server is down. After a few times (4-5 times?) it stoped trying. Again, they just bring down their order server, their quote server is still up. So if you fix this then the prolem maybe solved. However, NT still should try to reconnect when their order server is down. NT is already doing that, but my question is why it stops after a few tries. It ought to keep try to reconnect until the navigator is terminated, just like dealing with TWS from IB.

Comment

As explained below NT does not try to reconnect, the reconnect is triggered/performed by MBT navigator itself. There is nothing NT could trigger.

Comment

As explained below NT does not try to reconnect, the reconnect is triggered/performed by MBT navigator itself. There is nothing NT could trigger.
          Sorry I misunderstood. The NT log here just says MB is trying to reconnect?

Note after 12:00:00am nothing happens on NT side but I can see Navigator is till trying to reconnect. I then just NT shut down at 12:10am.

"8/5/2007 11:44:59 PM|1|2|MB: Primary connection=Connecting, Price feed=Connecting
          8/5/2007 11:45:02 PM|1|4|Connected to perm server
          8/5/2007 11:45:02 PM|1|4|Connected to quote server (prc116)
          8/5/2007 11:45:02 PM|1|4|Connected to order server
          8/5/2007 11:45:02 PM|1|2|MB: Primary connection=Connected, Price feed=Connected
          8/5/2007 11:55:59 PM|1|2|MB: Primary connection=ConnectionLost, Price feed=Connected
          8/5/2007 11:55:59 PM|1|4|Disconnected from order server
          8/5/2007 11:56:26 PM|1|4|Disconnected from order server
          8/5/2007 11:57:28 PM|1|4|Disconnected from order server
          8/5/2007 11:58:29 PM|1|4|Disconnected from order server
          8/5/2007 11:59:30 PM|1|4|Disconnected from order server
          8/5/2007 11:59:59 PM|1|4|Disconnected from order server
          8/6/2007 12:10:18 AM|1|2|MB: Primary connection=Disconnected, Price feed=Disconnected
          8/6/2007 12:10:22 AM|1|4|Shutting down data server
          8/6/2007 12:10:22 AM|1|4|Shutting down SMTP server
          "
          One more question, if MBT reconection eventually is successful, will NT then get the data, if I let MBT and NT running the whole time?

Comment

You would not see on the logs, since it's MBT internal and not NT.

>> One more question, if MBT reconection eventually is successful, will NT then get the data, if I let MBT and NT running the whole time?
            I don't know, since I don't know if MBT navigator restarts data streams. Just make sure you are not connected as MBT resets their servers.

Comment

>>You would not see on the logs, since it's MBT internal and not NT.

Well, then what these NT log message mean
              "
              8/5/2007 11:55:59 PM|1|4|Disconnected from order server
              8/5/2007 11:56:26 PM|1|4|Disconnected from order server
              "
              Is this not NT try to connect to MBT once per min?

>>Just make sure you are not connected as MBT resets their servers

The point is I want to let it run from say 4:30pm , I don't want to kill NT, wait MB reset server, then manually restart NT when MB is done after midnight (I don't really know when MB will be done). The point I try to make is NT should be able to get data from MBT automatically whenever MB finishes reseting their server so long as Navigator is running. Just like IB resets their server at midnight, and NT can automatically get data when IB finishes resetting their server so long as TWS is not terminated.

I know to get backfill data from opentick is an option, but data has gaps.

Thanks

Comment

>> Is this not NT try to connect to MBT once per min?
                No, again this is MBT reporting back to NT.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by jclose, Today, 09:37 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post jclose
                by jclose

Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
                10 responses
                0 likes