Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

export vendor indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

export vendor indicator

When exporting a vendor indicator and looking at the DLL (ILDASM) it seems I am getting lots of references to Methods included that are not referenced by my own code - like several Jurikxxx and Woodiesxxx Methods or a NinjaTrader.Indicator.ADX class.
    Is this on purpose or somehow depending on my installation with other code files referencing modules I don't actually intend to ship.
    I want to at least avoid shipping duplicated code as well as infringing any 3rd parties IP.
    Thanks ahead!
    tb

There won't be any infringement as you export your NinjaScript file as sources or assembly.

Comment

It seems some of the code mentioned in my last post is referenced by a NinjaTrader.Vendor.cs in ...MyFiles...\bin\Custom.

There is also a VS2005 project file (NinjaTrader.Custom.csproj) - is there any place I could find documentation regarding these?

The project file contains references to NinjaTrader.core and a WilsonORMapper that don't seem to be available on my machine?

tb

Comment

Not sure I follow. File->Utilities->Export NinjaScript exports your sources or assembly. There is nothing you need to worry about nor is there anything you would need deploy in addition nor is there any infringement. It's all consistent and self-contained.

Comment

Dierk,
          my point is the DLL (Assy) I created contains code I am not aware of, seemingly some other commercial prodtcs by Jurik and Woodie. Now regardless in what form I ship this I don't have any copyright here - unless NT is the owner and the license is thus provided to me in that way.

Besides - while still in my first steps into the NT world - I'd like to understand what's going on - also in preparation to use VS at a next step (I need to do some code refactoring which I can not do in NT - I know, I will have to compile in the NT IDE, thats fine).

Besides: would it actually be possible to configure VS in a way that it can use NT (e.g. like pre or postbuild steps)?

Thanks again
          tb

Comment

- the assembly built by File->Utilizes->Export NS does not hold any code which would infringe 3rd party rights
            - unfortunately we have no further info available than those in the docs
            - unfortunately we do not provide support for building assemblies other than File->Utilities->Export NS

Comment

It seems when removing the Vendor.cs (removing Vendor.dll generates an exception during export) NT export compiles at least without these 3rd party vendor code pieces.

Amazingly NT now also exports the built in @MIN and @MAX (which is great as my code uses those and I have previously not been able to export them without an error). [I'm not sure this is on purpose or something has changed with 6.5 - so I thought to be fair and let you know :-)]

All that seems to exceed what I would like to ship now is the ADX indicator that still ends up in my export assy without intention...

br
              tb

Comment

Dierk,
                sorry for the criss cross.
                I understand your policy.
                Still: has it been fixed that you can actually reference built in code when exporting into a custom dll? All I found on the forum so far said you'd have to take the code and duplicate it by including it in your own indicator - which is IMHO - a bit of an awkward fix.
                Thanks again!
                tb

Comment

Sorry, I don't follow. Just export your NS file and you will be good. The exporter will take care of any consistency issues.

Comment

Besides worrying what else is included my main issue actually is that I have been unable to export the @MAX and @MIN functions I am using. That started me trying to understand what goes on.

Now - apparently with some changes I (or you?) must have made but I don't realize - I get a msgbox asking if I wanted to include those @xxx.cs files as part of the archive as they were referenced by my code (which is correct). The assembly then compiles. The zip will not contain the MIN/MAX.CS files (contrary to the msgbox message) but does include the MIN MAX types in the NT Indicator namespace.

I just need to make sure that when shipping the zip I am not creating problems in the field - thus seeking for your positive confirmation that it is now possible to export code that references built in (@xxx.cs) code.

Thanks again!
                    tb

Comment

A consistent and sound NS archive will be created as the exporter reports success.

Comment

So it seems the export issue of @xx.cs indis has been fixed - I only wonder what changed here because yesterday at a first attempt I got exactly the same exception I found in the forum with i think Ray's comment to take the source parts and duplicate them into the proprietary code - to avoid a potential overwrite for the @MIN e.g.

Also - excuse my being stubborn while hoping to get aquainted with NT and NTscript:

Is there a reason for e.g. .ADX and these .Jurik and .Woodies to appear in my custom dll (or will they just be ignored?). The .cs file thats generated is obviously referencing my code only?

I read the doc on export. It says there was a sample file
                        Program Files\<NinjaTrader Folder>\bin\Backup\NinjaTrader.Vendor.cs
                        I find that file 2 times - under
                        <MyFiles>\NinjaTrader 6.5\bin\Custom
                        as well as under
                        C:\Programme\NinjaTrader 6.5\bin\Custom\Backup
                        (not where the doc says it would be).
                        Those files are identical.
                        Now: is this file a requirement in the regular deployed/production NT environment or is it a sample as the doc says so I can anyhow
                        safely remove it from <MyFiles>\NinjaTrader 6.5\bin\Custom?

Again: thanks for your support!
                        tb

Comment

You only need to deploy the .zip file generated. Not need to worry about anything else.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by gemify, 11-11-2022, 11:52 AM
                          6 responses
                          2 likes
                          Last Post ultls
                          by ultls

Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 04:52 PM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes