Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

I will develop your indicator for FREE

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will develop your indicator for FREE

I will develop the indicator that you have in mind for free.

What do I get from these? 1) I'm starting to develop indicators and I need to practice 2) I will learn how to use your indicator

I'm a software developer with 8 years experince I have developed a few indicators in ninja trader.

send me a message in the forum and we get in contact

Thanks for offering your help fddayan!
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

indicator

hi would like to develop an indicator a 9EMA that when crossed the price bars would change colours like from red to yellow or viceversa.your help is appreciated

Comment

Hi fddayan,

I saw your offer for help and I appreciate!

Would you like to to try these request from me:

I'm looking for 3 indicators that I can use to trade VSA as shown in this thread:

Share ideas, debate tactics, and swap war stories with forex traders from around the world.

1. I like an info box to display inside chart to show the HLOC etc.. of a bar when I hover over. I know I can get a databox in NT but I think this is more useful as so it will put everything in one window.

2. Also, is there anything for NT which shows daily opening line?

3. And what about a news events calendar:

I'm sure that 3 haven't been programmed yet but is there something already around for 1 and 2 as they seem easy to code.

Thank for listening

Comment

There is a TD sequential indicator and it only includes buy setup & buy countdown. I hope that you could add the sell setup & sell countdown. Do you think it is possible???

Comment

Comment

A tool/indicator that i'd love to see would be:

standard deviation of a sample that has:

1) option to calc standard deviation of returns
              2) option to calc windowed i.e. be able to calc standard deviation of current bar versus x number of bars ago
              3) option to exclude overnight changes from calc
              4) option to exclude overweekend changes from calc
              5) fast calculation i.e. instead of looping every iteration it throws out expiring bar and adds new bar to calc

Comment

I agree with Elliott Wave -though COT isn't really economic data- indicators that plot short to medium term economic (as opposed to price) data would be a nice asset to Ninja Trader. Some economic data is available in StockFinder, which shows internals next to price action....very helpful. Here's an example of three I would like to see. I don't trade equities, but plotted EPS for CANSLIM traders would probably be nice.

For short term, the following would be nice:
                - Open interest rates (for forex traders primarily, but traders in any market can benefit) It's an indicator in Think or Swim (on the Dollar Index) and very informative.

- Investors Intelligence reports

For a longer term indicator:
                - Personal Consumption Expenditures (listed in the GDP) numbers would be nice on a chart....PCE for 'trade forcasting' is explained in a great book "Ahead of the Curve" by Joseph H. Ellis.
                Last edited by rretch; 05-27-2009, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Fddayan, I'm glad I discovered you! I would love to have Bill Dreiss' "Choppiness Index" converted from Easy Language to NinjaScript. I attempted to try it myself but discovered that NinjaScript's "SUM" function doesn't work in the same way as EL's "@SUMMATION" function. Ninja's "SUM" will take *only* a predefined dataseries and do its work on that... while EL's @Summation will accept any type of calculation on a dataseries (open, high, low, close, etc) and then sum that.
                  In any event, here's the Easy Language code:

{ChopinessIndex Function}

Input: Length(NumericSimple);
                  Var: n(0), true_high(0), true_low(0), tr_rang(0), sum(0), n_high(0),
                  n_low(0), n_range(0), ratio(0), log_ratio(0), log_n(0);

n = length;
                  true_high = @Maxlist(high, close[1]);
                  true_low = @MinList(low, close[1]);
                  tr_rang = true_high - true_low;
                  sum = @summation(tr_rang, n);
                  n_high = @highest(true_high, n);
                  n_low = @Lowest(true_low, n);
                  n_range = n_high - n_low;
                  ratio = sum/n_range;
                  log_ratio = Log(ratio);
                  log_n = Log(n);

ChopinessIndex=100*log_ratio/log_n

{ChopinessIndex Indicator}

Input: Ndays(14);
                  Plot1(ChopinessIndex(NDays),"Plot1");
                  Plot2(50,"Plot2");
                  IF CheckAlert Then Begin
                  IF Plot1 Crosses Above Plot2 or Plot1 Crosses Below Plot2
                  Then Alert = TRUE;
                  End;

================================================== ========================

Here's another EL version - condensed all into a one-line formula! Along with an explanation and usage of the indicator:

ChoppinessIndex = 100*LOG(@summation(@maxlist(h[0],c[1])-@minlist(l[0],c[1]),n)/(@highest(@maxlist(h[0],c[1]),n)-@lowest(@minlist(l[0],c[1]),n)))/LOG(n)

The Choppiness Index or CI varies between 0 and 100, the higher the index the choppier the price action is and the lower the index the more trending the price action. Since it is a trending indicator it has a length, which sets the look back period, here in the example its set to 14. There are two bands in the Choppiness indicator: Inside Band Color and Outside band color. The display only shows on of the two band colors, red if its insider the Upper or Lower bands and yellow if its inside the bands. The bands can be set but default to Fibanocci numbers of 38.20 and 61.80. When the choppiness indicator is under 38.20 it will display the red Outside band. If its above 61.80 it will display the yellow Inside band.

Dreiss explains the way he works with CI in an article in November 1991 Technical Traders Bulletin: "Low readings in the CI correspond closely with the end of strong impulsive movements either up or down, while high readings occur after significant consolidations in the price." A good article on the subject of Choppiness by Gibbons Burke appeared in Futures Magazine in October of 1993. You can find a copy on the web at http://www.quote.com/quotecom/qchart...ion=choppiness

Conventional Trading Wisdom
                  The Choppiness indicator has an inverse relationship to price action and a trend is considered broken when the CI is below the lower line and reverses. Again this does not tell you the direction of the market it just gives a fundamental different perspective on the change of a trend in general. You can see this in the Figure above at the right side of the chart where AOL's 14 day Choppiness has dropped below the red Outside band color, indicating maximum trending and hence minimum choppiness. If you look at the price chart you can see that the bullish uptrend that started around the 14th of August, now appears to be broken. If other signals confirmed that this is a turning point, it could likely that we are headed towards a new trend direction down and it might be a good time to sell, or go short.

Thanks!
                  Shawn

Comment

swing hi/lo

Hi fddayan,

You have alot on the plate already. But if you get time can you check out 5iver request:

5iver want to and quote

"
                    Just a modest request...

Is there anyone around who could mod the default Swing Hi/Lo indie (attached) to only show the last swing (hi and lo)? That is, as opposed to plotting all the swings back through the whole chart.

And also, have the plot just keep on plotting until price hits it (to keep the plot near the action).

I guess such an indie woud be called a "Last Hi/Lo" indie...

I'd do it myself... but I've no idea how.

Greatly appreciated if possible."

I myself would like to see how this one can be done. Thank you so much.

Comment

Originally posted by fddayan View Post
                      I will develop the indicator that you have in mind for free.

What do I get from these? 1) I'm starting to develop indicators and I need to practice 2) I will learn how to use your indicator

I'm a software developer with 8 years experince I have developed a few indicators in ninja trader.

send me a message in the forum and we get in contact
                      Hello fddayan,

How is it going so far?

Comment

I'd like to have this one too....

regards

david

Originally posted by jabeztrading View Post
                        Hi fddayan,

You have alot on the plate already. But if you get time can you check out 5iver request:

5iver want to and quote

"
                        Just a modest request...

Is there anyone around who could mod the default Swing Hi/Lo indie (attached) to only show the last swing (hi and lo)? That is, as opposed to plotting all the swings back through the whole chart.

And also, have the plot just keep on plotting until price hits it (to keep the plot near the action).

I guess such an indie woud be called a "Last Hi/Lo" indie...

I'd do it myself... but I've no idea how.

Greatly appreciated if possible."

I myself would like to see how this one can be done. Thank you so much.

Comment

Fddayan I also am very interested in Shawnh's "Choppiness Index".
                          Have you been able to code it & if so can I get it?
                          Regards John

Comment

Here is the ChopinessIndex, I don't see how it is useful but whatever...
                            Attached Files

Comment

1000 tick bars.....

FDDAYAN -

I'm hoping you can help with my question / indicator below....thank you. rk

I hope i can explain this well..... i'm using 1000 tick bars, but i think this question applies to any bar setup....i'm trying to see if there's a way to 'count ticks' until a new price is reached (not to be confused with a tick counter.) meaning, if the ES price ticks up to 900.25, and then ticks up to 900.50 and then proceeds to tick back and forth between 00.25 and 00.50 several or even 10-20 times w/o reaching 00.75.....is there a price action counter ( i made that up ) that can count the # of times the price ticks back and forth w/o making a new high on that given bar ? ( or low ) i ask b/c in watching the ES, and i suspect any price action, i get the feeling that if price pushes up to a point and then goes back and forth, up and down 1 tick, several times....i get the feeling it's not going to push through. It seems like the longer it takes to 'thrust' through the next tick the less likely it's going to do so...
                              Any thoughts or suggestions ? Is there another method of gaging strength or weakness in the price thrusting up and down ? is there a quick volume indicator that can show something like i've attempted to describe ?
                              many thanks in advance !
                              rk

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Christopher_R  
                              Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                              166 responses