Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

entry and exit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

entry and exit

I am trying to have my strategy enter the market at the open of the market and exit the market at the close of the the market for the day. I am using yahoo data. I've tried using exitonclose but whenever I backtest it only exits on the last day i have set it up to trade on, rather than closing everyday throughout the range of days I have set up. I also thought about using BarsSinceEntry() > 1 to exit my strategy but that doesn't seem to work either.

Hi Wes, in order to both enter and exit a trade on the same day you'll need to add detail and backtest with intrabar granularity. Unfortunately, that requires minute/tick data.
    AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok well how would I enter one day and exit the next day.

Also if I have three indexes and format a code like so:

if (Closes[1][0] < Closes[1][1] && Closes[2][0] < Closes[2][1] && Closes[3][0] < Closes[3][1])

Exit long
      Will it exit if one of the the indexes is down or will it exit when all three are down?

Comment

To enter one day and exit the next, you'd program it just as usual. In OnBarUpdate:
        Code:
        if (Close[0] > Close[1])
            EnterLong(); //this would enter long at the open of the day after the bar that the conditions were true

if (Close[0] < Close[1])
            ExitLong() //this would exit the long at the open of the day after the conditions were true
        The code you posted will exit if all three are down.

In C# (and many other languages) && is the logical operator AND and || is the logical operator OR.

If, for example, you'd like to exit when any of the three were down, you could do this:
        Code:
        if (Closes[1][0] < Closes[1][1] || Closes[2][0] < Closes[2][1] || Closes[3][0] < Closes[3][1])
        You could also group these operators if you'd like:
        Code:
        if ((Closes[1][0] < Closes[1][1] && Closes[2][0] < Closes[2][1]) && (Closes[3][0] < Closes[3][1] && someOtherCondition))
        AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by warreng86, 11-10-2020, 02:04 PM
        5 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
        Started by Perr0Grande, Today, 08:16 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes