Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT7 Doesn't Start After Power Outage

Hi,

There was a power outage and when I tried to restart NT7 the next day I keep getting the "Unable to open trace file d/documents/ninjatrader7/trace/trace.20170920.tx: Access to this path is denied" error, along with the follow up error:

"Unable to recover NinjaTrader custom. dll Please re-install NinjaTrader"

I reinstalled it but that doesn't work, also changing the ownership of the Nt7 documents folder didn't help either. I don't want to remove all trace of NT7 from this pc because it has many custom strategies and parameters loaded, which I haven't exported anywhere else because they were mainly used for running backtests.

How can I solve this issue while keeping the custom strategies intact on this computer ?

Best,
    Vispilio

Hello Vispilio,

Thank you for posting.

Removing Log and trace files will not erase any custom NinjaScript or saved work in NinjaTrader.

To resolve please follow the steps below:

Shut down NinjaTrader
    Navigate to your (My)Documents >NinjaTrader 7 folder
    Remove the log and trace folders
    Repair your installation via the Windows Control Panel >Programs and Features >Select 'NinjaTrader 7' >Repair
    Restart NinjaTrader

Please let us know if you continue to experience the same or if any other questions come up.
    ArceliaNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Arcelia,

I did the steps you mentioned, manually deleted the contents of log and trace folders and repaired the installation and restarted; however I got the exact same errors:

unable to open trace file..., and Unable to recover NinjaTrader custom. dll ...

How else can we fix it ?

Best

Comment

Hello Vispilio,

Please follow the steps listed below to uninstall and then reinstall NinjaTrader. These steps will not erase any custom files or saved work.

-Close all running applications.
        -Uninstall NinjaTrader within Windows Control Panel.
        -Reboot your machine.
        -Once these steps are completed, download and install NT7 from the link below.

If the issue remains with the new installation please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support.

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 1771921

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.

Comment

Arcelia, I can't access the control center because I can't run ninja trader 7, I recall from previous threads about this that it might be a Windows 10 permission / ownership related issue, maybe you can refer the problem to one of your colleagues with more experience...

I uninstalled and reinstalled the whole thing and still I get the same two errors, even though the log and trace folders are now empty:

"Unable to open trace file d/documents/ninjatrader7/trace/trace.20170920.tx: Access to this path is denied" error, along with the follow up error:

"Unable to recover NinjaTrader custom. dll Please re-install NinjaTrader"

Comment

Hello Vispilio,

You may check the user permissions as this has been the case for other users. Details are outlined in the following forum thread: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ad.php?t=77105

Also ensure exceptions have been added into the Windows Firewall and any other antivirus/backup programs for the (My) Documents/NinjaTrader 7 folder.

Let us know if we may be of further assistance.

Comment

ok you got it Arcelia, it was a recent file protection update that was blocking ninjatrader.exe.

Thanks for the heads up

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Mindset, 05-06-2023, 09:03 PM
              9 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post ender_wiggum  
              Started by Mizzouman1, Today, 07:35 AM
              4 responses
              0 likes