Does NT has stock screener?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does NT has stock screener?

Does NT has stock screener that I can use to scan stocks (daily or weekly, not intraday) with predefined conditions? If so, can you please point it out to me how to use it?

I am NT Pro user.

Thanks

Sam

Hello,

Thanks for the forum post.

Unfortunately NinjaTrader does not have a traditional stock screener. What we do have is the ability to add this to a market analyzer and then filter stocks out the do not match your current day criteria.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Thank you Brett.

Looks good, except that I am not able to set this for indicator say ATR Chandelier exit, I want to filter stock that crosses from above or below this stop. How do I condition this? under filter section, I do see cross above or below under 'filter conditions' but then there is a row that asks for value? I tried to put there 'close' and it is not taking.

here is what I am looking for...to screen stocks that have crossed ATR stop from above or below. Can you help me how to do this?

Thanks much

Comment

Hello,

Unfortunately this is not possible. This is on developments list to possibly add in a future version of NinjaTrader. Currently you can only filter or setup alerts based on a comparison to a static value.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Thank you Bret.

I guess this is half baked at this time. Will look forward for the improved one.

Rgds,

Comment

Dear Brett,

I strongly support Sam's suggestion. It would be great to have a screener that could operate with the latest list of NYSE or NASDAQ stocks and be based on a customized strategy.

Kind regards,

Chris

Comment

Chris, if your criteria can be defined in indicator logic that would return a 1=true and 0=false, you can apply this indicator in market analyzer and autosort the list of symbols. Furthermore, I would recommend instead of returning just a 1=true, you could return bars or seconds ago since the triggering event happened and then use 9999=false. HTH

Whitmark
              whitmark
              NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Whitmark Development

Comment

Hi Whitmark, indeed it would do the trick but it would quite cumbersome if you have to screen a few thousands stocks and I was looking for something more dynamic that let you tap directly into the latest NYSE or NASDAQ list of instruments (which are updated very regularly).

Busy regards, Chris

Comment

Market Analyzer templates are retained in XML form so a process could be devised to inject rows of symbols into this XML to dynamically update the template. An small application would be needed to convert the source instrument list to XML and insert it into the template XML. Unproven but seemingly doable for the suitably motivated.
                  whitmark

Comment

Stock Screener for Ninjatrader

these posts are almost 10 years old? and still no stock screener?

Comment

Originally posted by willwin View Post
                      these posts are almost 10 years old? and still no stock screener?
                      That is the purpose of the Market Analyzer. It has existed for a pretty long while now.

Comment

Basket if sticks

Unless I am mistaken, one uses a basket of stocks with market analyzer in which ninja 7 can alert once it finds my pattern setup.
                        What i want is ninja to go out and find all sticks that match my criteria so I then can study them?

Comment

Originally posted by willwin View Post
                          Unless I am mistaken, one uses a basket of stocks with market analyzer in which ninja 7 can alert once it finds my pattern setup.
                          What i want is ninja to go out and find all sticks that match my criteria so I then can study them?
                          I am not sure that I see the difference. Every stock screener that I know of requires you to tell it which basket of stocks to look at, and what criteria to look for, and requires you to set it up and trigger it off. Which is exactly what the Market Analyzer does. No?

Comment

How to screen

ok so help me out here then.
                            would you walk me through the correct process?

i want to know which stocks had
                            PPO cross over itself using say, 21, 55, 8 as settings.
                            volume >1 million
                            on daily close basis

thank you
                            using usa stocks as one search
                            and then futures
                            and then currencies

Comment

Conceptually, you would make a single plot indicator and set the plot value to 1 when your multiple conditions are true, else set the plot value to zero. Once in the indicator is applied to the Market Analyzer, you can sort this list by the 1 or 0 value and even color code the cell.

Personally, I like to compute the "days ago" value when the multiple conditions were last true so I can sort the list accordingly and link to a chart so I can see historically if the price action did what I expected it to do once the condition was met.

HTH
                              whitmark

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by The_Sec, Yesterday, 03:53 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                              Started by mmenigma, Yesterday, 03:25 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby