Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

is an audible trade execution alarm feature available in ninja?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello joemiller,

Thanks for your post.

In NinjaTrader7 go to tools>options. In the general tab are a list of sounds that are associated with various events such as "order filled", "Order pending", etc. If these are unchecked they will not sound, otherwise if checked they will sound on the events checked.

Reference: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...eneral_tab.htm
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks, that helps a lot.

the tools>options>general tab provides for a one-time verbal announcement.
      can one somehow specify a continuous alarm sound such as a repeating bell or a buzzer or a siren or a horn, etc. ?

Comment

Hello joemiller,

Thanks for your reply.

One suggestion would be to acquire a desired sound with an acceptable duration and have it replace one of the NinjaTrader system sound files. These are .Wav type files.

Alternatively you could code (using Ninjascript) an alert that repeatedly plays the same sound (or sounds). You would need to determine when it starts, when it stops and set the conditions for that.

Comment

is it easy to replace a NinjaTrader system sound file with a .Wav type file?
          if easy, how is it done?

Comment

Hello joemiller,

Thanks for your reply.

Ninjatrader7 sound files can be found in C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 7\sounds

To have a sound played when an order is filled, you would replace the current file OrderFilled.Wav with a wav file that is named exactly that. (you would want to create another folder, perhaps labeled as "OriginalSoundfiles" and move the original file in there first so you can always restore as needed. Please note that these need to be pcm wav type files.

Comment

Previously I asked '' the tools>options>general tab provides for a one-time verbal announcement. Can one somehow specify a continuous alarm sound such as a repeating bell or a buzzer or a siren or a horn, etc.? ''

... and the following response/suggestion worked nicely: '' One suggestion would be to acquire a desired sound with an acceptable duration and have it replace one of the NinjaTrader system sound files. These are .Wav type files ''.

However, all sounds I have been able to find thus far last for only 10 or 20 seconds. I am looking for a sound [such as a beep, chime, alarm, etc] which plays continuously until manually turned off. Thus far I have been unable to find such a .Wav file.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Comment

I am still unable to find an audible alarm .Wav file which plays continuously until manually turned off. is there something about the fact that the desired file function is not passive but must interact with the user that makes such a file unavailable?

Comment

Hello joemiller,

Thanks for your posts.

A continuous sound that plays until manually reset would not be something that my previous suggestions to you would resolve.

A continuous sound that plays until manually reset would require custom coding to be added to your NinjaTrader. The coding would require the condition to be defined that starts the sound and then monitors a reset mechanism (such as a pop-up window with an acknowledge button) to then reset the sound and alarm condition. I am not aware of any existing indicator or strategy that would provide this. If you would like to pursue further please let us know and we can provide a reference to 3rd party coders.

Comment

thanks paul,

yes, please provide me with references to 3rd party coders.

much appreciated.

Comment

Hello:

Thank you for your interest in the NinjaTrader Ecosystem and the NinjaTrader NinjaScript consultants.

You can view NinjaTrader Ecosystem's supported NinjaScript consultants at the following link:

You can locate the contact information for the partner on their direct webpage for any additional questions you may have. Since these partners are third party add-ons for NinjaTrader all pricing information will need to be obtained through the partner.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Have a great day!

Comment

navigation to http://ninjatraderecosystem.com/Part...ultants.php#81 resulted in

''Unfortunately, the page you are looking for is no longer available''

can you suggest another webs site where i can find help?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                        47 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post aligator  
                        Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post jaybedreamin