scanner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

scanner

Are there any examples of a scanner strategy?

I want to scan several markets for my setup. Rather than have multiple simultaneous data feeds and charts I was going to go through a list of instruments using a strategy to see if my setup was present.

Rather than start from scratch I didn't know if there was something I could use as a base.

Cheers

Cliff

Hello Cliff,

You can use the Market Analyzer to analyze multiple instruments. More information can be found at the link below.

Information regarding automated strategies that use multiple instruments can be found at the following link.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

On a filter. Can I compare to another indicator value and not just a constant value? Example: An indicator value is less than last price?

Comment

Unfortunately this is not supported; you can only use constant values upon creating a condition in the Market Analyzer.

Comment

It looks like I will need to create a unique strategy. My thinking was to have a list of instruments taht i can erad in from a csv file and add and remove them one at a time as secondary time frame instruments. I would then check for my setup if found signal by playing a sound or displaying a message.

So the strategy would run off one fixed chart but once the strategy was executed by a tick it would run my routine where I would loop through each of the secondary instruments. After adding each instruemtn, checking each instrument for my setup , then remove the instrument and do the next one, after all were checked, it would then return. I woulds choose an instrument that had frequent volume as my base instrument as it would not tick for each instrument.

market analyzer won't do because it cannot compare an indicator to another value such as close price. however a benefit would be the instrument tick feed would be sequential and not parallel so would be the least impact on data feed performance if looking at many instruments.

Comments about such an approach? Hope it makes sense.

Comment

Or ....

can I create a custom indicator and call that from the market analyser. The indicator will check for a setup and pass back a value of "1' bool if true.

Is this a good option although I will have parallel instrument data feeds using this method?

Comment

Hello ct,

I suggest to proceed with your second suggestion (post #6). You can load custom created indicators in the Market Analyzer that will use the equasion you like.

Comment

Jason

Did it and it works well. I created an indicator to check for my setup and any other filtering criteria I wanted. It scans is scanning 8 markets. Made a few ticks on the British Pound this morning as I saw it get sweet via the Analyzer.

i didn't add a couple of higher volume instruments like the ZN 10 yr notes to keep network traffic down. Oops gotta go another signal via the Analyzer scanner.

So there is a scanner capability in Ninja. Pass that back to Ray.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi ct,

Great to hear it works well.

We are aware that it is possible through the use of custom programming indicators. However, it is not supported by default in the Market Analyzer.

Comment

Possibility is all I need to know. I was in software for 30 years. I can program it or get someone who can. I am one happy camper.

Thanks

Cliff

Comment

Having some issues where my indicator value is not being displayed correctly in market Analyzer. Can I email you the template and the one indicator is uses? Don't want to post it.

Comment

Hello ct,

Unfortunately, I myself am not very knowledgable regarding programming and NinjaScript. I would not know how to debug the code.

What value is displayed in the Market Analyzer and what value do you expect?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by cre8able, Today, 03:20 PM
                        1 response
                        0 likes
                        Last Post cre8able  
                        Started by fiddich, Today, 05:25 PM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes