Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Making a Standalone Simple Alert Window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making a Standalone Simple Alert Window

I want to make a simple Alert window that is a standalone application, and can possibly tie into Visual Basic using the windows framework. I.E. I would input the ticker, price and if I want the price to =, < or >. Then it would either flash or have a popup window alerting me. I have ThinkOrSwim as my live data stream.

This is kinda what i'm thinking the application would look like.

Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks.

Hello,

Thank you for posting.

I am not certain I understand what the question is here. In general, we would be unable to provide support for applications you make yourself outside of NinjaTrader. Could you provide more details on what your question is about this item?

NinjaTrader has a built in alert system, have you considered using the built-in alerts and NinjaScript for this idea?

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I do know about the built in Alerts with ninja trader and although they are very good i'm wondering if I can make a simpler one that only alerts me when a price has been hit. Maybe with the strategy builder? Could I be able to input stock tickers? Or can I only track the stocks that I input?

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

NinjaScript would be capable of this type of condition, and this could be created using the strategy builder although if this was just for alerting an indicator would be the best-suited type.

As far as checking equality, because we are using floating point numbers checking if a value is exactly equal to another value may be troublesome. We have some explanation of this in the following post: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ead.php?t=3929

Regarding the input, you can use the symbol the script is applied to as input, or add more than 1 series as well.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
        JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by TheWhiteDragon, 01-21-2019, 12:44 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post PaulMohn  
        Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes