Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

synchronization

Hello Support --

I have 2 locations to trade, both of them has NT7 platform installed. The problem is how to synchronization the action done and settings performed on each location. I think about OneDrive cloud installed on both of my trade locations, but I have to make NT7 save its templates and data base on folder differ from My Documents -> Ninja Trader folder.
    How to do it? Or any other ideas.

Regaeds.

Hello alex_bbfg,

Thanks for your post.

NinjaTrader's documents folder must be located under Window's Documents folder and must be on a local drive.
    You would need to backup and restore your settings from one computer to the other: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGCp...140D7&index=25

Another option is you could look into using a VPS that you could then access NinjaTrader on the VPS from any computer with remote desktop.

NinjaTrader is pleased to partner with Speedy Trading Servers to deliver reliable hosting solutions.

Speedy Trading Servers offers Windows based Virtual Private Servers (VPS) or Dedicated Servers for traders located near NinjaTrader's data providers and order routing technology partners. Some key benefits of these hosting solutions include:

Reliability: Dedicated VPSs and servers achieve 100% uptime network SLA with Speedy Trading Server's network providers offering a solution that runs 24/7/365.
    Speed: 1 Gb/s Network links are used to achieve sub-millisecond connections to NinjaTrader's data providers and order routing technology partners.
    Location: With locations in data centers in Chicago and New Jersey, Speedy Trading Servers is well suited for algorithmic and news based traders utilizing fully- or semi-automated strategies, including NinjaTrader's Advanced Trade Management (ATM) Strategies.
    The VPS solutions utilize a Windows Server 2008 r2 Operating System and dedicated hardware resources with options meeting the most demanding trader's requirements. Connect to your VPS or Dedicated Server using Microsoft's fast and secure Remote Desktop Connection from your PC or Mac. Additional connection options are available for mobile devices (Android, iOS).

For more information regarding these solutions, additional benefits for NinjaTrader Brokerage clients, and a Free Trial, please contact Speedy Trading Servers: http://www.speedytradingservers.com/contact
    BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Brandon --

Thank you for your reply and useful information about VPS. I'd like to clarify some aspects.

OneDrive installed on local drive as well as the NT7 is and automaticaly exchanges data from local drive folder with cloud folder. The idea is that after that I had made some drawings on charts at one location and saved them OneDrive sent the data to cloud. And when I run the NT7 at another location it use the data from a folder of another location local drive but updated by OneDrive through a cloud. The only problem is how to make NT7 save its data to a spesific folder.

Regards.

Comment

Hello alex_bbfg,

Thanks for your reply.

NinjaTrader's files must be located under Windows Documents folder. The only way to move where NinjaTrader's files are is to relocate the Documents folder to another area on a local drive.
        Find help and how-to articles for Windows operating systems. Get support for Windows and learn about installation, updates, privacy, security and more.
        BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by alex_bbfg View Post
          Hello Brandon --

Thank you for your reply and useful information about VPS. I'd like to clarify some aspects.

OneDrive installed on local drive as well as the NT7 is and automaticaly exchanges data from local drive folder with cloud folder. The idea is that after that I had made some drawings on charts at one location and saved them OneDrive sent the data to cloud. And when I run the NT7 at another location it use the data from a folder of another location local drive but updated by OneDrive through a cloud. The only problem is how to make NT7 save its data to a spesific folder.

Regards.
          You can use a symbolic link to redirect the folder.

ref: https://www.google.com/search?q=windows%20soft%20link

Comment

Sync

Is this still the only way to work with a second pc (while the first pc is shut), or we can now make use of the cloud?

Comment

There is no automatic/built-in way to sync settings between installations of NinjaTrader.

I will submit a feature request for this capability.

EDIT: the tracking number for this feature is SFT-1398.
              Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 05-30-2017, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Koganam
                That is an interesting idea, While I have played with it with my Dropbox to back up folders, I never thought about using it to make Ninja available anywhere the same. That said, my experience with google drive was that it took too long to sync.

Comment

alex_bbfg
                  Great idea !

Comment

We have had reports of OneDrive interfering with NinjaTrader by accessing its files simultaneously and causing a crash of the platform.

This doesn't seem to occur 100% of the time, but be aware that this is possible when your NinjaTrader documents folder is set to automatically sync with OneDrive. Disabling auto-sync and manually syncing when NinjaTrader is closed would likely work without issue.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by cls71, Today, 04:45 AM
                    0 responses
                    1 view
                    0 likes
                    Last Post cls71
                    by cls71

Started by mjairg, 07-20-2023, 11:57 PM
                    3 responses