Currency futures charts not updating today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Currency futures charts not updating today

As of today I have been unable to have currency futures charts update on the NT8 platform. (Interactive Brokers data feed)
    The DOM price ladder does show the correct data updating in NT8 and everything is working normally on the NT7 platform.

I've checked the Trace and Log files and no errors are present.

I have the Trading Hours set to "Use instrument settings" (FX Futures ETH).

If I change the Trading Hours to "Default 24x7", the charts load correctly.

I've also tried the same on my notebook computer and the same problem is present.

This issue has only occurred since the weekend - Any idea what the problem might be ?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated !!

Originally posted by Eric M. View Post
    As of today I have been unable to have currency futures charts update on the NT8 platform. (Interactive Brokers data feed)
    The DOM price ladder does show the correct data updating in NT8 and everything is working normally on the NT7 platform.

I've checked the Trace and Log files and no errors are present.

I have the Trading Hours set to "Use instrument settings" (FX Futures ETH).

If I change the Trading Hours to "Default 24x7", the charts load correctly.

I've also tried the same on my notebook computer and the same problem is present.

This issue has only occurred since the weekend - Any idea what the problem might be ?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated !!

Just checked your results above using continuum data feed on a 15 minute chart and agree that the charts do not load anything after the close on Friday when using the default trading hours template
    As soon as you use the default 24/7 template it works as expected. Inspection of the CME FX Futures ETH session template doesn't show any obvious error so there is something strange happening here. It almost appears if NT8 doesn't respond properly to a trading hours template which starts early Sunday evening.

Comment

Hello Eric M.,

I experience the issue on my end as well. As FMtrader informs, realtime data is received as soon as the 'Default 24 x 7' trading hours template is selected in the Data Series menu of the chart. Do you receive realtime data with this trading hours template selected? It seems President's Day is not entered correctly for the trading hours template for currency futures. I will send a report to development.
      JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Jason,

As I have already stated in my original post, the charts were loading with the Default 24x7 template.

To be honest - I'm disappointed with NT8 - This is not the first time this has happened with the templates - Can this be sorted out once and for all !!

What I couldn't understand was why the emini futures data was working fine.
        To get this fixed as soon as possible from my end, do I edit the parameters for President's Day in the CME FX Futures ETH template the same as what is present in the CME US Index Futures ETH template.

Eric
        Attached Files

Comment

The emini futures use a different trading hours template than the currency futures.

Yes, you would set President's Day 2017 to Early Close and End time to 12:00 PM.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
            Hello Eric M.,

I experience the issue on my end as well. As FMtrader informs, realtime data is received as soon as the 'Default 24 x 7' trading hours template is selected in the Data Series menu of the chart. Do you receive realtime data with this trading hours template selected? It seems President's Day is not entered correctly for the trading hours template for currency futures. I will send a report to development.

I just deleted the presidents day's holiday from the CME FX Futures ETH listing but the problem remains. I can understand if NT's historical data server may not have the correct history but why is NT8 on my local machine still not live updating even though data is clearly coming in. It would appear that no one in the Asia Pacific region today would have been able to trade any of the 6's (6A, 6J, 6E etc) without having to change the session template

Comment

Unfortunately President's Day 2017 is incorrectly defined as Full Day. Please change it to Early Close and End time to 12:00 PM. This should result in realtime data in the chart again. Let me know if this is not the case.

Comment

Jason,

I've edited the President Day Early Close and End time to 12.00PM.
                Of the currency futures I follow - 6A, 6C, 6J and 6N are all working correctly.
                6B and 6E are still not updating even after reloading all historical data.
                No problems on the NT7 platform !!

Where to now ??

Eric

Comment

Hello Eric,

Can you please go to Control Center-->Tools-->Instruments. Double click the 6B and 6E and check if the CME FX Futures ETH trading hours template is selected.

Check in the Data Series menu of the 6B and 6E charts if Trading hours is set to <Use instrument settings>.

If the issue remains, does it make a difference if you test a new chart?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
                    Unfortunately President's Day 2017 is incorrectly defined as Full Day. Please change it to Early Close and End time to 12:00 PM. This should result in realtime data in the chart again. Let me know if this is not the case.
                    Just a note. NinjaTrader 8.0.4.0 has a new bug. Any changes in Trading Hours will not be applied to <instrument settings>. Took me several hours with Patrick to find out.

Changes wil only work when you use the original trading hours template for the instrument.

Comment

Hello Harry,

I updated the trading hours templates via Control Center-->Tools-->Database Management, so it contains the incorrect Full Day again. I changed Type to Early Close and End time to 12:00 PM. End time is set to 12:00 AM after I changed Type to Early Close, so I had to manually change it to 12:00 PM. Then I click OK and reload historical data in an existing chart that has <Use instrument settings> selected. The chart now loads data as expected. Did you change the end time manually after setting Type to Early Close as well?

I then created a new chart for a different currency futures. It did not load data as expected - no data for today. However data is loaded as expected after I right click in the chart and select 'Reload All Historical Data'.

Comment

Jason,

may I point you to this thread http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ad.php?t=94890 and in particular to posts #9 - #25. Patrick logged into my PC several times, and in the end we found that it was impossible to change the session templates preset under <instrument settings>.

My second trading machine still has NT 8.0.3.1. installed, and I was able to do the changes, while NT. 8.0.4.0 does not allow for changing the trading hours template <instrument settings>.

Comment

hello Jason,

In my case - 6B and 6E would not load current data with 'Use instrument Settings'.
                          I did what Harry suggested and use the CME FX Futures template and charts load normally.
                          Strangely this is not an issue with the other currency future contracts.
                          I have checked that CME FX Futures ETH trading hours template is selected for 6B and 6E.

Comment

Hi Jason,

I have now made the changes for President's Day as well, as you described.

Made the changes to the trading hours

-> No data is displayed for today.

Reloading all historical chart data

-> No data is displayed for today.

Shut down NinjaTrader and delete the cache

Talking about Documents -> NinjaTrader 8 -> db -> cache.
                            I have deleted the entire folder not just the contents.
                            Then restarted and connected NinjaTrader.

-> No data is displayed for today

Open the chart with the template CME FX Futures ETH

Use "CME FX Futures ETH" instead of "<instrument settings>."

-> Works.

This is a new bug for NT 8.0.4.0, while NT 8.0.3.1 worked correctly. It is annoying as it is not easy to find out why no data is displayed.

Comment

Still no updates - Tried all suggestions

Hi Everyone

I have tried Harry's suggestion and unfortunately nothing changed. I have reset each individual chart to FX Futures ETH, reloaded historical data etc, after deleting the Cache folder. One thing that I noticed was that when I tried to change President's Day in the holidays (Tools/Trading hours/Holidays), I only have listings for 2020 but if I double click on any of them it then defaults to 2015. I ended up deleting President's Day after changing the 2015 date (Feb 13th) to Feb 20th 2017 and no matter what I do I get an error telling me that holiday is already set as a Full Day. If I try to put President's Day back for this year I am told it is already there. I presume the deletion only took out the holiday for 2020.

An attempt at rolling back to v.8.02 failed miserably. Do you think this is this a case of waiting for a newer version for me and anyone else who can't change things.

Thanks for everyone's attempts to solve this.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by yertle, Today, 08:38 AM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post yertle
                              by yertle

Started by bill2023, Yesterday, 08:51 AM
                              6 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
                              Started by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB, 01-08-2017, 06:59 PM
                              80 responses
                              5 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                              Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post adeelshahzad  
                              Started by dappa, Today, 09:18 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                              Working...