Currency futures charts not updating today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello OldGreyWT,
    I would recommend repairing your database to add in the Presidents Day again.
    Please follow the instructions below to repair the NinjaTrader database.

Disconnect NinjaTrader from any open connections via Control Center > Connections > Disconnect
    From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Database Management
    Click on 'Repair DB'
    Press the "Repair" button

If you are to scroll down within the Holidays section you will find the correct Presidents Day for today 2/20/2017. Please apply the following changes:
    - Scroll down within the Holiday section to find Today's date and holiday (2/20/2017 > Presidents Day)
    - Select this day > Edit (below the Holiday section)
    - Change the Type to: Early Close
    - End date: Today's date
    - End Time: 12:00 P.M.
    - Select Apply > OK

I would recommend selecting the CME FX Futures ETH template within your data series and then reloading the historical data.

Comment

Hi Ryan_M,

Many thanks. It has cured the E6 problem but not the B6. As I mentioned, the holiday list was only for 2020. I did the database repair three times and it still showed only 2020 dates, scrolling right up and down. However, when I dragged that window to another screen and dragged on the edges to enlarge it, the 2020 list vanished and the 2015 to 2017 list appeared. Very strange.

After the B6 failed to work, and I have tried everything that made E6 work, I tried a restart. The program was now hanging and wouldn't start properly. The Control panel was visible and the icon for the NinjaScript Editor visible on the task bar (Windows 7 Prox64). The hour glass just kept running if you went into the active space of the Control panel window. I tried several restarts, after leaving the program for several minutes, and even took it back to earlier today on a restore point. No joy, then suddenly it kicked into life on an identical restart process.

I will see if the B6 comes to life late Tuesday or Wednesday as I won't be around for most of Tuesday.

Thanks for your assistance. Any further comments re B6 will of course be welcome.

Comment

Hello OldGreyWT,
        Can you please clarify if you are encountering the same issue with the 6B today?
        I have tested the 6B on my end and I was able to receive data for the chart.

Comment

Hi RyanM,

I am having the same loading problem that I had yesterday. I can't even get the NT8(x64) version to load. The control panel comes up, the task bar thumbnail comes up for the CP and also appears for the NinjaScript Editor which is not on screen. The program just hangs there. I will try and reinstall on Wednesday (I have been out all day) and presuming that gets the program working, I can then report back to you on the data problem.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi RyanM,

I have reinstalled NT v8.04. The holidays list is showing FX Futures ETH for Feb 20th as Early Close 12 and the data on CQG Continuum E6 confirms for that symbol everything seems in order.

B6, however, has no data for the session of the 20th, on any time frame. I have reloaded the historical data and it makes no difference. The session for the 20th doesn't exist.

Unfortunately this means the B6 contract can no longer be traded by me as all my custom indicators will be incorrect.

Many thanks in advance.

Comment

Hello OldGreyWT,
              Can you please select the CME FX Futures ETH template on your 6B chart and test if the chart then receives the data?

Comment

Hi RyanM,

That seems to have done the trick. I right clicked on each chart (there are 6 for each symbol) and selected Data Series, then CME FX Futures ETH under Trading Hours. At this point all that happened was I lost all my custom indicators. I was left with just the candles. I then reloaded the historical data and the indicators came back and the data for the 20th was there as well. Not sure why I lose all my indicators. I have never seen that before but they were NT7 custom indicators converted to NT8 using a C# script, so maybe that has something to do with it.

Many thanks for your help. Greatly appreciated

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Pattontje, Yesterday, 02:10 PM
                2 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Pattontje  
                Started by flybuzz, 04-21-2024, 04:07 PM
                17 responses
                0 likes