Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Creating NinjaTrader compatible functions from TS ShowMe and indicator email alerts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creating NinjaTrader compatible functions from TS ShowMe and indicator email alerts

Hi, I am a Gain capital client who uses Tradestation for charting. I currently use a manual trading strategy when working with several protected indicators and ShowMe studies where the vendor is not excited about creating functions for them. Since the code is protected, I cannot see the source and thus cannot create a function from them to use the email alerts from the indicators and ShowMe studies in an automated strategy. What I would like to know is if NinjaTrader can take in email alerts from Tradestation indicators and ShowMe studies or does the email alert have to be from a Strategy?

Worst case scenario, I know it can be done as follows: Create a C++ program that works with the mail server or email client that processes and tokenizes the text of the email to determine the type of alert. This program will then feed the alert back to Tradestation in functional form via Tradestation's dll interface. Does anyone know of this ever being done? Or who would be good to talk to about making this interface?

Thank you

imported post

Hmm good question.

The TS mail interface in NT scans the mails send from a TS startegy -> a specific format is expected. I don't know if mails sent my TS alerts or showmes follow the same logic/structure. I suggest finding that out and next giving it a try on NT sim account.

Worst case - as you pointed out - an separate progrem in betwenn NT adn TS could trasnform the TS mails to NT ATI dll calls.

Also: How about contacting the vendor and asking him to port his stuff over to new NT NinjaScript?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by kevinenergy, 02-17-2023, 12:42 PM
    115 responses
    1 like
    Last Post kevinenergy  
    Started by prdecast, Today, 06:07 AM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH