InfinityAT & NinjaTrader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

InfinityAT & NinjaTrader

I receive a data feed from Infinity (TransAct) futures. I see that there is a relationship between NT and Infinity. Is it possible to use the Infinity data feed with NT? Is Infinity a preferred broker? I am trying to find the most cost effective way to use NT with Infinity. Thanks...Armand

Hello Armand,

Infinity is a supported broker partner with us. They use Patsystems as their data feed provider. If you would like to trade your account with them, you would need to purchase a live license with us. You can find our various subscription options in the link below.

JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      Hello Armand,

Infinity is a supported broker partner with us. They use Patsystems as their data feed provider. If you would like to trade your account with them, you would need to purchase a live license with us. You can find our various subscription options in the link below.
      http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/su...g_platform.htm
      Thanks Jason. I spoke to an InfinityAT broker and they said NinjaTrader can not be used with InfinityAT...that Transact does not support Pats.
      I hope he is mistaken...can you confirm? Thanks...

Comment

Arman,

Infinity clears through RCG as well and can offer NinjaTrader through them. They use Patsystems. We have many clients who trade in this manner. If they are not willing to support you, please let us know as we have many brokers who would be willing to accomodate you.
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Actually,

What you can do is send sales at ninjatrader dot com an email, reference this post and include the name and email address of your broker contact at Infinity and we can facilitate this process for you.
          RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
            Actually,

What you can do is send sales at ninjatrader dot com an email, reference this post and include the name and email address of your broker contact at Infinity and we can facilitate this process for you.
            Thank you Ray. This make more sense now. The broker was referring to Transact...he did encourage me to go through RCG. I just wasn't sure who/what that was. I had never heard of them. My bad ; ) Thanks for your help.

Comment

What would be the problem in using the InfinityAT platform through Infinity Brokerage & NT for charting using a demo account from another brokerage?

Comment

Hello,

1) Most traders perfer the NinjaTrader platform over most other platforms for their live trading. Demo it and compare and you will notice the difference.
                2) Most traders prefer to have their trading and charting on one platform. Performance will be better with only one platform running at once.

However you could do this if you wanted.
                DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by Jibu V View Post
                  What would be the problem in using the InfinityAT platform through Infinity Brokerage & NT for charting using a demo account from another brokerage?
                  There is no problem. What you have to do is to open $5000 account with RCG and use their data feed.

If you dont know how to use this money in a better way you shouldnt be trading in first place.

Comment

Setting up Infinity Connection in NinjaTrader

I am a long-time user of NT, but a new user of Infinity Futures. I am finding it very difficult to get the connection setup properly in NT. I see that both Infinity and NT say they support each other. I don't see "Infinity" as a connection choice, so I'm assuming (from reading this thread) that I need to select Patsystems instead.

From looking at this guide, it gives some instructions: http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/su...PatSystems.htm

However, for the life of me I can't find what I need to put for the "host server" and "price server". I feel I am getting mixed messages from people I speak with.

Here is my ultimate question, how do I set this up so I can get data to appear in my DOM and be able to trade my Infinity account through NT?

Comment

Hello neoikon,

Thank you for your post.

1.) That is correct, you would need to select PATSystems as your provider when configuring the connection.

2.) You will be entering IP addresses in the Host Server and Price Server fields. If you do not have this information on record, you will need to contact Infinity and ask that they provide you with it.

3.) The above will get you connected to PATSystems and allow you to receive data. If you're using the free version of NinjaTrader, you would need to lease or purchase the software in order to be granted access to trade in to your brokerage account. I have included more informaiton about our lease and purchase options below:

Purchase Options - Single Broker
                      The best value when purchasing NinjaTrader is to select one of our lifetime purchase options. Alternatively you can also lease our software for a period of time that makes sense to you. We make purchasing NinjaTrader easy by providing you choice in how you access our software...choose a plan that suits you best!
                      • Lifetime license for a one time payment of $995
                      • Lifetime license for 4 easy monthly payments of $299
                      • Several flexible leasing options starting as low as $50 per month

Learn more about our purchase options!
                      KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Can anyone provide information (server IP etc) to connect to infinity data feed via ninja trader?

Comment

Originally posted by kujista View Post
                          Can anyone provide information (server IP etc) to connect to infinity data feed via ninja trader?
                          In the end, my conclusion is that it's false advertising. NT doesn't support Infinity like any typical user would actually use.

While on the subject, careful of Infinity. I recently left them and had to fight to actually get my money out. They don't support free transfers to your bank. If you are to make trading a business, then you will most likely give yourself a salary and pay yourself regularly, so you want an easy method of getting money out. It took me over a month of fighting to get a check. I can't imaging doing that 1-2 times a month!

Comment

WOW...sorry to hear about your Infinity experience. I also left Infinity in my transition to NT and did not have any problem with them in the transfer to a new broker. Before leaving, I specifically asked Infinity if their feed could be used for NT and their response was "no". So, that started my transition to a new broker and feed...while I had no problems with Infinity (other than their inability to feed NT) I am very happy with the move.

Comment

If you need assistance getting NinjaTrader connected to your broker of choice, please email support at ninjatrader dot com and reference this forum post and we can further assist and make sure that everything that needs to be done has been done.

We connect to infinity through the patsystems connection.

-Brett

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by TraderBCL, Today, 04:38 AM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post TraderBCL  
                              Started by martin70, 03-24-2023, 04:58 AM
                              14 responses
                              0 likes