Top/Bottom margins on chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top/Bottom margins on chart

I plot some support resistance lines on my charts but I don't want autoscale on because it squinches my charts too much. However, as the price moves to the top or bottom of my chart I often encounter one of the support/resistance lines without warning with negative consequences. Is it possible to set my chart windows with top/bottom margins of a certain number of ticks so I can get a better view of what is looming just outside the curent price when I am near the top/bottom of a chart window? Thanks.

Originally posted by higler View Post
    I plot some support resistance lines on my charts but I don't want autoscale on because it squinches my charts too much. However, as the price moves to the top or bottom of my chart I often encounter one of the support/resistance lines without warning with negative consequences. Is it possible to set my chart windows with top/bottom margins of a certain number of ticks so I can get a better view of what is looming just outside the curent price when I am near the top/bottom of a chart window? Thanks.
    Hello Higler,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately this is not supported, but will be addressed in NinjaTrader 7 due out the second quarter of this year.

As a workaround, you could use the "constant lines" indicator to plot lines above and below your chart to create a range. Change auto-scale to true and you can change the lines color to transparent if you do not wish to see them.
    Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by ZenCortexCLICK, Today, 04:58 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post ZenCortexCLICK  
    Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
    172 responses
    0 likes