naked order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

naked order

A wish list item. Can you put something in where I can't enter or it will at least warn me if I try to enter a naked order on the dom?

A naked order is entering without profit target or stop loss.

It gets me all the time. I place an order on an instrument and then flick to another instrument by using color linking so all my charts flick. Issue is the dom changes the strategy name based on the live order being placed but that name does not exist on the new instrument list so it turns it blank. If I don't reselect my strategy after the change I get a naked order.

another option is to make it so if you do go to a new instrument it will default back to the original or last selected strategy thus eliminating the issue. i can't be the only one getting burned by this.

I know I can press the close button but this is a real hassle as I have one strategy that has a lot of drawing objects so when I press close it tries to end all active strategies and this can take 30 seconds or longer for me. i have the one trouble chart on a different color so it doesn't change when I change instruments as it takes so long but doesn't help when i press close.

Hello ct,

Thank you for your post.

If you have an open position without any stop loss or profit target orders protecting it you can easily add these exit orders.
    Please see a post in our support forum that outlines how to accomplish protecting an open position.

I will also send your request to development for future consideration.
    Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the prompt reply. I have done the fix recommended before but it takes time. In the mean time I can be losing money. It is better to not get into the position in the first place.

Cheers,

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by cre8able, Today, 01:01 PM
      0 responses
      1 view
      0 likes
      Last Post cre8able  
      Started by manitshah915, Today, 12:59 PM
      0 responses