Prevent hunderds CONNDEAD messages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello WhoKnows,

Are you still unable to connect with TD AMERITRADE in NinjaTrader? If so, please check the connection guide and check if you followed each step.

If you still cannot connect, please send me your TD AMERITRADE connection information, so I can create and test the connection on my end. Send it to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com, reference this thread and put 'Attn Jason' in the subject header.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I could login an hour later.

The isue is not I could not login, but how NT handles itself when TDA is refusing some information.

The problem is that you cannot override NT to stop trying to connect, as the "disconnect" option is grey.

Comment

Hello,

I will send your suggestion to our development department for consideration. Thank you!
        DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

CONNDEAD messages - Ameritrade

I am getting the same messages . I have to kill NinjaTrader with TaskMan
          restart reconnect and restart my strategy.

It could be that the MessageKey string needs to be refreshed every 24 hours as per the Ameritrade API.

Comment

Hello Jimw1,

Could you please send me a note to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com including your latest trace and log file. You can find these files at the following locations:

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 6.5--> Log--> log.20090317 for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 6.5--> Trace--> trace.20090317 for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Please put 'Attn Jason' in the subject header and reference this thread.

I am not sure regarding the MessageKey string.

Comment

How about the error message...

HTTP call failed: LASTORDSTAT

I am connected to my TDA account and using Ninja Sim101 account.
              I am running no strategy, just watching a chart.

I was unable to find any mention of this error on the forum. It pops up lots of modal error message boxes too but I am able to click them away eventually.
              They come in spurts, none since 10:51 now as I type this at 11:15 I got 15 more of them.

Oh also my account number is shown under NT account tab but no values.

Thanks,
              Gains

Comment

Hello Gains,

Are you able to reproduce the error message using certain steps?

Does the error occur when you connect to TD AMERITRADE with only the Control Center opened?

What type of license are you using with the software; the free license or a live license?

Do you have your live account selected in any of the NinjaTrader windows?

Comment

Hey Jason,

>Are you able to reproduce the error message using certain steps?

Yes. Every time I restart Ninja, connect to TDA and open a chart.

>Does the error occur when you connect to TD AMERITRADE with only the Control Center opened?

Apparently not, I restarted NT and just had Control Center open for well over an hour with no pop ups

>What type of license are you using with the software; the free license or a live license?

My only live license experience is through Gain Capital. This is the Free Ninja running on another machine in the "grayed out" Global Sim mode.

>Do you have your live account selected in any of the NinjaTrader windows?

So no I do not and can not. I assume by this question that if i had the licensed version my account balance would show up next to my account ID (which does show now) when I made a Live connection to a chart for example.

Now it is not happening!
                  I opened a chart several minutes ago and still no pop ups. So rule out what I said about the "Control Center only" mode. I might get error message with only it open if I was getting the error messages right now.

I was just hoping maybe you had seen this before and had an easy fix.
                  Why it is not happening now I do not know. Chart trader is off perhaps it was on earlier i will turn it back on and see if anything happens.

I will keep you posted.

Thanks,
                  Gains

Comment

Hello Gains,

Thank you for reporting back. I did not seen this error before today.

Let me know if the error recurs.

Comment

The error dialog came back while I had chart open with chart trader open.

No new information here really but here is a screen shot of the log tab. Hopefully you can read it I had to squeeze a lot of quality out of the image to get it to upload.

I will keep just the control center open over night and into the morning market hours to see if the error occurs.

Gains
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Gains; 03-23-2009, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Hello Gains,

Please send me an email to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com, put 'Attn Jason' in the subject header and reference this thread.

Comment

Jason,

Right at the opening bell the error came back with only the Control Center open.

Over 20 error dialogs in the first 3 minutes but now it seems to have stopped...

Ooops 3 more just now, about 6 minutes into market.

I will email you shortly.

Thanks,
                          Gains

Comment

Hello Gains,

I will await your email.

Comment

I'm also having the "HTTP call failed: LASTORDSTAT" error messages. Started to appear yesterday after upgrading to 6.5.1000.9. Never had this issue with 6.5.1000.8. I'm connected to TDA.

Please help.

Comment

We are still looking into the issue. Please downgrade to R8 from R9 for now if you are unable to run NinjaTrader while connected to TD AMERITRADE.

Once a resolution is found, I will post it in this forum thread.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Radano, 06-10-2021, 01:40 AM
                                19 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Radano
                                by Radano

Started by KenneGaray, Today, 03:48 AM
                                0 responses