Using shared service (twitter) on a VPS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using shared service (twitter) on a VPS

The shared service is still not working on a VPS. When I am trying to connect it does not work. Screenshot: http://prntscr.com/g4mdcp

Has anyone had this issue and solved it on a VPS? If not Is NT still working on a solution?

Hello MichaelAlexander,

May I confirm the VPS is running a full version of Windows, such as Windows Server 2003, and is not a cloud service?

I am not able to understand the language and I am not recognizing this as the Options window in NinjaTrader or an error that is coming from NinjaTrader.

Are you able to login to twitter on this computer using a web browser?

I've created a short video to demonstrate setting up twitter in NinjaTrader.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Michael -

I've successfully ran NT8 on Google Cloud for a week going now. They have $300 (at least did have) credit to test drive the platform. I'm tempted to move my NT8 backup to AWS EC2 (supposedly cheaper) but want to see how well NT8 functions over a month before doing so. Going to list a few things for setup (also for others new to this).

- You'll basically need to create a new instance project in the Compute Engine section. I selected the Server 2016 with desktop experience.

- Dont forget to pick a Zone in whatever neck of the US your data provider exists. It will reduce latency and is basicallly a main reason for doing this.

- Just to be safe double check the VPC Network Firewall Rules section on that web portal. Make sure RDP is enabled so Windows Remote Desktop RDP will function. If you do not utilize Remote Desktop you will not have multiple screen ability (what ever monitors you currently have operating on your system). Any further instruction, a simple google search will result in some useful blogs.

Hope this helps!

- j_nathan
      Last edited by j_nathan; 08-15-2017, 08:33 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by funk10101, Today, 09:43 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post funk10101  
      Started by pkefal, 04-11-2024, 07:39 AM
      11 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post jeronymite