Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Understanding MASlopePlot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Understanding MASlopePlot

I recently came across MASlopePlot and really like the idea of it and would like to be able to use it on one of my strategies. However, i'm struggling with the exact way it works? At first I thought I understood it but after looking at the numbers it was producing, it began making less sense to me.

I assumed that for MASlopePlot (EMA, WDS, 50) it takes the current slope of the EMA 50? When you look at the output value of the MASlopePlot, however, it doesn't seem to match up. Am I completely misunderstanding how this works? I was looking for an easy to use substitute for finding the current slope of an EMA and figured this would be it.

I've attached a screen shot of what i'm talking about. As you can see, in light blue, the EMA 50 is plotted on the chart and at 7:00 on 3/15 it is obvious the slope of EMA 50 is positive... but MASlopePlot is showing a value of -65.64? I can see where it tracks very closely the slope of the candles above it, but what's the deal with the EMA 50 then?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by cmspruill; 03-25-2011, 07:00 PM.

cmspruill, MASlopePlot is not a standard NinjaTrader indcator. Unfortunately I am not familiar with this indicator. You can contact the author of the script for clarification.
    AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Mindset, 05-06-2023, 09:03 PM
    9 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post ender_wiggum  
    Started by Mizzouman1, Today, 07:35 AM
    4 responses
    0 likes