How to learn to trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to learn to trade

Hi everyone. This should give you a laugh. I am new to trading and want to learn, hahaha!! but after months of researching all I can find is information, but with a hook, everyone has an angle. Is there a difinitive reference manual written by somebody that explains in detail the principals of trading, that describes what action is taken in what situation, that gives a clear explanation of the indicators and what they do and how they work and what you should do when one indicates. I know about trading rooms, mentoring etc, but the problem appears to be with all of that, that you can not judge the quality prior to having paid all your money and there appears to be a great deal of crap out there. Any non rude suggestions would be grately appreciated.

Search the web for book recommendations and read them. They're much cheaper and better than almost all courses.

There is no definitive one because there is no definitive best way to trade.

Comment

Learning to "trade" the markets is like learning a new skill or trade. Like any new skill you will have to get your base knowledge right and your basics foundations in place. I suggest reading about charts and technical analyisis as a starting point. Books like this can be found on Amazon and reveiws of them therein. John Murphy's Technical Analysis of the financial markets comes to mind, but there are others too.

Once you know your charts and can plot studies on them, like trendlines, etc. then they will tell YOU what they are doing and you will trade accordingly. It will come. Just Practice with working which way the trend is heading on longterm charts like Weekly and Daily charts, draw trendlines on them and see how prices are supports or resists against them, and when they break. You can do that for free even on a demo Ninja platform, or most web sites nowdays.
      Be prepared to work hard to be a success in the future! All the best and be positive always.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by chartchart, 05-19-2021, 04:14 PM
      3 responses
      1 like
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
      Started by bsbisme, Yesterday, 02:08 PM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby