Collapse

ninja version 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unfortunately we do not provide support for that. You may consider contacting a certified NinjaScript consultant (e.g. link below) for guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by rt6176 View Post
      I personally would like to know if there will be any additional bar chart types being added in 7.0? ie RENKO BARS among others. I would be sorry to put effort in developing such charts if NT is already on it.

Also, a built in app for custom bar chart creation would be welcome too.

Thanks,

RJay
      Hi,

for Renko Bars see http://www.fin-alg.com/renkobars.html

Tomas

Comment

Tomas,

I will give this a look see this weekend.

Thanks for the info,

RJay
        RJay
        NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Innovative Trading Solutions

Comment

Originally posted by rt6176 View Post
          Where is this feature for custom bars located!!!!

I only see Indicator and Strategy options.

RJay

NT,

I still need an answer on this please.

Thanks,

RJay
          RJay

Comment

Please see my post #16 below. Thanks

Comment

Hi RJay,

i think that the bar customization (editing) is not supported from within NT itself - it is supported in the sense that you can import your C# bar classes edited outside NT using common Import NinjaScript option in File>Utilities. Your C# class will then be recompiled and added to NT. The source file will be copied to Documents\NinjaTrader 6.5\bin\Custom\Type.

See our discussion here:

Best,

Tomas

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dierk View Post
                NT6.5 already comes with a feature to build your own custom bar styles, although we do not provide support that. However, this feature is used successfully by some certified NinjaScript consultants.

Renkos would be available e.g. here: http://fin-alg.com/
                Tomas,

Thanks again for the input.

I am on a fact finding mission for my next project.

So I will ask NT again.

I need a more detailed description from NT concerning the following statements: " NT6.5 already comes with a feature to build your own custom bar styles" and " this feature is used successfully by some certified NinjaScript consultants ".

How should this feature be accessed?

The RangeAlt Bars in the Misc. Download section also appear to have been built from some sort of template. Is this available?

I understand that NT will not support any of this. I am not asking you to.

I'm just looking for anything that might help me in my research.

Perhaps you could email me with specifics.

Thanks,

RJay
                RJay

Comment

Unfortunately there is not more information I could provide than we do not provide support for that. Thanks for your understanding.

Comment

Looks some of the procedures that worked in the past aren't working very well now. Half a year schedule slippage isn't a small one, and that's assuming that this time the estimates are correct..

Maybe it's worthwhile 'enhancing' some procedures.

Take for example eSignal and their development of QCharts 6, they've released multiple beta's and RC's over time with incremental improvements while leaving the older ver 5 in place.

This allows people to make their own decision on whether they're running the current stable version, the lastest build or something in between that works for them and solves their issues. Not to mention most traders have at least 2 machines so keeping stable in production and the latest in a test environment helps people get familiar with the new system while also providing you with feedback.

There are heaps more examples of this working well, from M$ and AAPL OS builds releases to IB's TWS frequent roll outs.

Just something for you to consider.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dierk View Post
                    Thanks for your comment. Like in the past we will provide details on features implemented as we roll first official beta. This procedure has contributed to the success of NinjaTrader and to the commitments we're making to our users. Thus, we will stick to it on rolling NT7.

Thanks for your patience and your understanding.

Comment

As on prior releases we will have multiple betas and NT6.5 (and even NT6) would be available still.

Comment

I think lots of folks are forgetting something here I use Ninja for trading (lifetime license) and I sure wouldn't be happy to use a product that is not ready and stable to trade. I sure prefer waiting for a release of NT7 that will give me a lot of reliability as V 6.5 has given me so far.

Everything I need to be successful at trading so far is already on the current version so this V 7 will only be an extra for dual or quad core support or 64 bit and more extra features for some of you.

So be patient for V 7 as we want it to be as stable and better then V 6.5 and that takes time, same as developing a good winning trading strategy.

Laurent

Comment

Good points Larry, but no one is talking about taking away your ability to use 6.5, we are talking about using beta 1 of NT7. NT7 'stable', non-beta probably won't be out until 2010, you are always free to wait for that.

...as we implement as many most frequently asked feature requests as possible into NT7 and run these new implementations through rigorous tests. Unfortunately this takes longer than expected.
                          'Rigorous testing' could happen much faster by allowing the user base to help with the testing and report the bugs.

A few suggestions:

1) Create a sub-forum for everything related to NT7 beta(s) to avoid 'clutter' in the main forum.

2) If by Q2 NT7 is still unstable, don't delay it anymore. A first beta is expected to be somewhat unstable. You could always disable live-trading for the first few betas, or at least include a strong waiver about the risks etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry22 View Post

Everything I need to be successful at trading so far is already on the current version so this V 7 will only be an extra for dual or quad core support or 64 bit and more extra features for some of you.

Laurent
                            I'm glad everything is perfect for you but for many others the performance is sometimes unacceptable. That's why I would like an early release with the performance enhancements and then later releases with all the goodies, bells and whistles.
                            eDanny
                            NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
                            0 responses
                            1 view
                            0 likes
                            Last Post Jon17
                            by Jon17