• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ninja version 7

when is version 7.0 out?
    what features will be added.

Hello kiwibird,

Its beta version is expected to be released the second quarter of 2009.

Unfortunately there is no list available of added features.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Changed from Q1 to Q2????
      eDanny
      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

That is correct.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Q4 becomes Q1, Q1 becomes Q2...

I'm sensing a troubling pattern here.

I can only speak for myself, but I'd much rather have a less complete beta on time, than a more complete one 6-9 months late. It is a beta version after all.

Comment

Thanks for your comment. We definitely understand your concerns. However, it will be in the best interest of the community as we implement as many most frequently asked feature requests as possible into NT7 and run these new implementations through rigorous tests. Unfortunately this takes longer than expected.

Thanks for your patience and your understanding.

Comment

Originally posted by Elliott Wave View Post
              Q4 becomes Q1, Q1 becomes Q2...

I'm sensing a troubling pattern here.

I can only speak for myself, but I'd much rather have a less complete beta on time, than a more complete one 6-9 months late. It is a beta version after all.
              Agreed. Very troubled by the lack of details, and pushed schedule. It would be helpful if NT would come forward with this info and give us the true detailed scoop. Without it, it seems as though things might be worse off than is desired.

I understand the product is extremely complex. But this is a major slip in schedule with very little sharing as to why.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dierk View Post
                Thanks for you comment. We definitely understand your concerns. However, it will be in the best interest of the community as we implement as many as possible most frequently asked feature requests into NT7 and run these new implementations through rigorous tests. Unfortunately this takes longer than expected.

Dierk,

I can appreciate your position and the enormous task at hand. I for one would be really happy and my mind set at ease if there were an official NT7 thread on the forum, with screen shots, a list of proposed changes, etc. Everyone understands it's a beta and open to change, but it would go a long way in my opinion if you assigned someone to this.

Sure, you may get people upset their desired feature isn't on the list. But, I think you'll get far more people excited about staying with the platform and anticipating the many new exciting features that will be released if you'll give us this type of a thread and list.

Thank you for listening,

Mike

Comment

Thanks for your comment. Like in the past we will provide details on features implemented as we roll first official beta. This procedure has contributed to the success of NinjaTrader and to the commitments we're making to our users. Thus, we will stick to it on rolling NT7.

Comment

Thanks for your comment. Like in the past we will provide details on features implemented as we roll first official beta. This procedure has contributed to the success of NinjaTrader and to the commitments we're making to our users.
                    Hi Dierk,

I'm a relative newbie, stumbling across NT when 6.5 was released so don't have the past experience to guide me. Is the decision to not make the list of changes public based on a competition/first to market strategy, or that you won't know until the beta is in your hands what features are in it?

Mike

Comment

We do have a development plan and will publish details as we roll first beta.

Comment

Thanks for your comment. We definitely understand your concerns. However, it will be in the best interest of the community as we implement as many most frequently asked feature requests as possible into NT7 and run these new implementations through rigorous tests. Unfortunately this takes longer than expected.

I, for one, would rather have a NT7 released with multi core support, better memory management, multi-timeframe indicator capable and a few other choice and much needed improvements tomorrow, with minor updates later as the other wishes were implemented. Waiting for a so-called complete beta while the current version lacks in many ways is wasted time. Just my 2 cents.
                        eDanny
                        NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

I personally would like to know if there will be any additional bar chart types being added in 7.0? ie RENKO BARS among others. I would be sorry to put effort in developing such charts if NT is already on it.

Also, a built in app for custom bar chart creation would be welcome too.

Thanks,

RJay
                          RJay
                          NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Innovative Trading Solutions

Comment

NT6.5 already comes with a feature to build your own custom bar styles, although we do not provide support that. However, this feature is used successfully by some certified NinjaScript consultants.

Renkos would be available e.g. here: http://fin-alg.com/

Comment

Where is this feature for custom bars located!!!!

I only see Indicator and Strategy options.

RJay
                              RJay
                              NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Innovative Trading Solutions

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post DJ888
                              by DJ888

Started by terofs, Today, 04:18 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes