Collapse

After a loss of connection my account under account connection is being deleted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After a loss of connection my account under account connection is being deleted

I upgraded to version 5.2.1000.1 and when I get a temporary loss of connection using pats system my live account under connections manager is being deleted.

I rebuilt it and everthing is good until I get another loss of connection and the same thing my account is deleted

I downgraded to 5.1.1000.2 and I built the account under account connection and for some reason it is not showing up in the account connections.

I was using 5.0.1000.7 with no problems after a temporary loss of connectionand I would like to get back to the 5.0 version can you give me a pointer or tell me how to fix the issue in 5.1 or 5.2.

Thanks

imported post

HI,

After losing yout connection, can you reboot your PC and then see if the connection is still there.

Vince
    Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

Hello Vince,

I will try that on the next connection loss.Ihope that is not the solution because I don't want to have to reboot my PCeverytime I have a tempory connection loss.

Greg

Comment

imported post

Hello Vince,

I lost connection today and my live account deleted. I rebooted my pc as you suggested and the live account is still gone any suggestons?

Comment

imported post

Hi Greg,

Can you please upgrade to V5.2.1000.2 from our website and then see if the account connection is there. If not, please create a new account connection. You might want to repair the database first before you upgrade.

Go to Tools--> Options--> Misc tab--> Repair DB. Then restart NinjaTrader.

Vince
          Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

Hello Vince,

I upgraded to ver 5.2.1000.2 and my account connection was not there.

I repaired the database before upgradingand Istill amloosing my account.

I have uninstalled Ninja including folders. Installed a new copy of V5.2.1000.2 and I am now loosing my account randomly without loosing connection.

This is happening at least once a day, a reboot of my machine won't fix it, I have to manually add my account connection to get it back any otherideas?

Comment

imported post

Greg,

Obviously this has happened on more than one occasion, however, I do not see a pattern that would reproduce this situation. Any idea would be extremely helpful. For now, I would like to inspect some log/trace files to see if anything shows up there. Via the Help menu Mail To Support, send me a mail which will automatically include the required files. In the subject, include "For Ray"

Thanks
              RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

I've been having the exact same problem. I wasn't aware of the re-adding connection fix but what I have been doing is renaming my db folder and restarting ninja trader which corrects the problem. This is happening at least once a day and is a real problem. I have tried completely uninstalling nt and doing a clean install but I just had the same problem again today. It's to the point where using nt will not be viable. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Comment

imported post

Hi Bill,

Once this happens again, please send us traces/logs and check the database option via the Tools-->Mail to support menu. In the subject include "For Ray". In addition, email me the following file directly to [email protected].

C:\Program Files\NinjaTrader 5\config.xml

Thanks

Comment

imported post

Here is the problem-

On NT startup, it verifies your license against our servers. If this process times out (same thing like requesting a web page that takesforever), the license will not get verified and NT will not load your account connections. Likely issue is that your ISP is having problems or NT not authorized through your firewall sofware. We will make changes in the next update to provider a message box to inform the userof this situation.

Ray

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by BarzTrading, Today, 07:25 AM
                    2 responses
                    1 like
                    Last Post BarzTrading  
                    Started by devatechnologies, 04-14-2024, 02:58 PM
                    3 responses