Failed to restore indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Failed to restore indicator

I get the error shown in the attached picture.

The log shows the name of an indicator which can't load. I am trying to import it again and the above message comes. When I go to the edit indicator, the guilty indicator is not seen there.

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

This is the link to see the picture. It appears the copy/paste didn't work.

Comment

Hello mgregor,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from:
      • Open NinjaTrader
      • From the Control Center select the Tools menu--> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item--> select Indicator
      • Select any indicator and double click on it (we need only to open and compile one script to see all compile errors for all files).
      • A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select Compile to compile the indicators.
      • At the bottom of the window a new section will appear where you can find the error locations.
      • From there you have the option to comment out offending code sections, remove the complete indicator or debug it to be able to compile again.

If everything compiles successfully, you will be able to import that indicator.

If you are unsure as to what the error is indicating, please attach a screenshot of the error with the name and description fields clearly readable on your reply.

We have also collected more comprehensive steps for resolving NinjaScript programming errors in this tip on our forums - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=4678
      Zachary G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ZacharyG View Post
        Hello mgregor,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from:
        • Open NinjaTrader
        • From the Control Center select the Tools menu--> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item--> select Indicator
        • Select any indicator and double click on it (we need only to open and compile one script to see all compile errors for all files).
        • A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select Compile to compile the indicators.
        • At the bottom of the window a new section will appear where you can find the error locations.
        • From there you have the option to comment out offending code sections, remove the complete indicator or debug it to be able to compile again.

If everything compiles successfully, you will be able to import that indicator.

If you are unsure as to what the error is indicating, please attach a screenshot of the error with the name and description fields clearly readable on your reply.

We have also collected more comprehensive steps for resolving NinjaScript programming errors in this tip on our forums - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=4678
        thanks..
        I was able to get back to the original status of everything. What initially caused the problem was that I modified the indicator to change something from private to public so I could access it in a strategy. It worked good in the strategy. Then when I went to use that same indicator on a chart, it would give me the error below:

After that happened that's when my other error started occurring and I started this thread. Any ideas on how I can make a variable public without destroying it for other charts and such?

Comment

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

It seems I don't know how to post a picture inline with my post.. here is the link to the error.

Comment

Hello mgregor,

Please provide the error messages, if any, you are receiving in a NinjaScript Editor window.

To do this, follow the instructions below:
            Zachary G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Javierw.ok  
            Started by timmbbo, Today, 08:59 AM
            2 responses
            0 likes