Ninjatrader 8 Beta Testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wbweston View Post
    Sorry for the confusion. Yes "Account Performance" is the tab in the control panel where you can view reports on trade performance. The issue is in order to get reporting based on an ATM strategy I have to select the ATM strategy prior to making the trade. That is a PITA for me . I use the basic ATM strategy with a target and a stop only. However, I want to just make a trade then after I am done trading for the day I want to go back and review my trades and "tag" them for example "reversal" and "absorption" and whatever other tags. Then I can search for and get reports based on the tags. This is the kind of tagging that is used by just about everyone... gmail, microsoft, yahoo, etc.. You have data and you can tag it in order to sort and report they way you want to see it.

Thanks

Not 100% clear by what you mean about tags? And when you say Account Performance, you mean the reporting tool? Are those two items connected or were you just looking for general information?

In NT8, there is an "Apply ATM Strategy" option which can will execute an ATM strategy on an open position.

I've uploaded this suggestion to our feature tracking system. The ID tag for this feature request is SFT-376 should you wish to check on the progress of this item in the future.
    <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

Originally posted by newbie0101 View Post
      Hi, How many users are there of NinjaTrader?
      Seems as though for Beta roll-out 50 is small number.
      reasoning behind statement is that you have, I guess? multiple thousands of customers and common sense would say this equates to the potential of without exaggeration hundreds of different potential configurations, uses, etc..
      Seems more is better as far as testing. Then again I am not on your end! But guessing with a number like 50 you could have done that in-house.
      Not trying to throw stones just asking?
      Thanks
      More isn't necessarily better.

NT_Ray made several statements regarding this in the Big Mike webinar: https://www.bigmiketrading.com/ninja...mond-deux.html

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
        More isn't necessarily better.
        Nice beta testing ...NJ Chart's

But who test InteractiveBrokers adapter, exchange and download history data, or we will have pacing violation to 2020 years ?

Comment

Who test % comission, for non Us stocks in other worlds ? or we have problem with tick replay...

Comment

Originally posted by TCust View Post
            Nice beta testing ...NJ Chart's

But who test InteractiveBrokers adapter, exchange and download history data, or we will have pacing violation to 2020 years ?
            IB data issues are matters for IB to resolve. NT just gets the data. If there is a problem with getting data, speak with the one who is supplying your data, or get a better provider.

Comment

Really ?

Multicharts, SierraCharts correct dowload history data and not reject tickers.

% comission in all European and Asian stock exchange we resolve with whom, BMT forums ?

Comment

Really ?

Multicharts, SierraCharts correct dowload history data and not reject tickers.

% comission in all European and Asian stock exchange we resolve with whom, BMT forums ?
                MultiCharts does show pacing violations: ref: http://www.multicharts.com/trading-s...cing_Violation

SierraChart too does show pacing violations:ref: http://www.sierrachart.com/index.php...icalDataIssues

Here is what IB itself says: it clearly states that it is an IB issue alone. ref: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/e...imitations.htm

In any case, the decision to massage downloaded data is a matter for the platform designers to decide. I prefer my data to be the data, not a massaged form of it. That is why I do not use snapshot data in the first place. IB does provide snapshot data, not raw data. Then, they compound the issue with such nonsense like pacing violations.

Finally, here, with a little Google Fu, we see that every platform that connects to IB, talks about pacing violations. ref: https://www.google.com/search?q="pacing+violation". Heck, there are even links about it that point to the vaunted BMT.
                Last edited by koganam; 05-22-2015, 11:24 AM.

Comment

We have taken efforts to reduce pacing violations in NinjaTrader 8, but cannot be completely avoided and users should be mindful of these limitations put in place by their data provider.
                  MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Koganam, MC show pacing violations, but wait when it's over, and download other data and Symbols. Ninja reject tickers.

I not want buy ESignal 150$/month and exchange fees, for primitive download data on 300 Euro stock's every day.

Comment

Finally, my first program Metastock 3.1 in 1995, do not tell me about Google Search

Comment

Koganam, MC show pacing violations, but wait when it's over, and download other data and Symbols. Ninja reject tickers.

I not want buy ESignal 150$/month and exchange fees, for primitive download data on 300 Euro stock's every day.
                        ESignal is NOT the only one that provides raw data. I do not want to pay that much either for data.

Kinetick provides raw data at a much more reasonable cost. There are other data providers too who provide raw data, but, for business reasons, the only feed I ever recommend is Kinetick.

Comment

Kinetick(IQFeed) not have European, Asian stocks, and Ninja need elementary fix IB adapter, for normal every day work with history data, and other purposes.

Comment

This is example how MC correct work with pacing violation ( not reject tickers ) and download all symbols and intraday history data.

I wait this in Ninja 5 years, if you create program for traders.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Backtesting Instrument List not isolated

Hi,

can you implement that the backtesting of an instrument list is done by cronological. that means date1 for all instruments in the list, then date2 for all instruments...., instead of Instrument by Instrument?

This would help a lot with the Money Management and also allow to Show a Graph for the 'Combine' instrument.

Regards
                              Oliver

Comment

SuperDom accumulate price on bid / ask

Is it possible to change the last shown price on the DOM to the accumulated trade on the bid or ask for ninjatrader 8?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Brevo
                                by Brevo

Started by aussugardefender, Today, 01:07 AM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes