Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Indicator plotting expressions / spreads / pairs / baskets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got this error today after starting NT7:

2011-07-10 11:14:53:809 ERROR: Error on calculating indicator min/max value for indicator '_UltimateExpression'. Please check the 'GetMinMaxValues' method: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2011-07-10 11:14:53:822 in OnUnhandledThreadException
    2011-07-10 11:14:53:839 *************** unhandled exception trapped ***************
    2011-07-10 11:14:53:839 parameter for RoundUpTo125 infinity.

I'm using the latest version 1.6.
    Thanks

I restarted NT7 and it went away.
    Last edited by williammanda; 07-10-2011, 08:23 PM.

Comment

I was trying to use this equation:

(Abs('NQ 09-11'-2408.50))/(Abs('ES 09-11'-1341.75))

and I got this result in the log:

2011-07-10 16:57:20:424 ERROR: Error on setting indicator plot for indicator '_UltimateExpression'. Value outside of valid range.

I am trying to set up a ratio based off of the previous days close and the current close price. I am guessing that the Abs will give a positive number.

Update 7/11/11
      I can use both of these separately and they work:
      ('NQ 09-11'-2408.50) or (Abs('NQ 09-11'-2408.50))
      ('ES 09-11'-1341.75) or (Abs('ES 09-11'-1341.75))
      but trying to divide one by the other still gives the error.

Update 7/13/11
      Interesting note:
      This statement works correctly,
      ('NQ 09-11'-2345)/('ES 09-11'-1312)

but this one does not.
      ('NQ 09-11'-2345.25)/('ES 09-11'-1312.5)

the only difference is the added numbers to right of the decimal point.

Update 7/14/11
      Today I hit F5 to reload the script and this statement worked:
      ('NQ 09-11'-2345.25)/('ES 09-11'-1312.5)

Where it didn't the day before and also selecting F5. I changed the constant values today after the market closed and selected F5 and it doesn't work ( i get the same error message in the log).
      ('NQ 09-11'-2337)/('ES 09-11'-1307)

I will try F5 again in the morning to see if it works again. I'm attaching a photo of the working statements "Price Change ES NQ (5 min) 7-14-11"

Update 8/15/11
      My regular routine: change the constant values and wait for 5 hours then select F5 and the ('NQ 09-11'-2337)/('ES 09-11'-1307) works. Also I have the same issue as gusgus "the most recent candlesticks do not appear consistently but instead flicker in and out". This is captured in the photo.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by williammanda; 08-15-2011, 01:59 PM.

Comment

3 issues

I quite like the UltimateExplorer; you've done an excellent job in providing a very useful indicator. I've included the UE in many charts, but now I have come across a few small issues that I hoping you could shed some light on.

I've been using the UE to plot out some spreads, and to do some analyses on these spreads. A typical expression which I use is: 0.5 * 'QM 10-11' - 200 * '6C 09-11'. I plot this spread using Candlesticks, the default.

The first issue I've come across is that when using a finer timescale (such as 2 min bars), the most recent candlesticks do not appear consistently but instead flicker in and out. If I select Line Chart instead of Candlestick, the line chart does appear. But I am wondering if I can get the candlesticks to appear consistently?

I have two examples of this phenomenon in the attached screen capture. Note in the bottom two spreads that the candlesticks are truncated (but not in the top spread). Also note in the bottom two spreads that I have superimposed a line chart of the spread, which continues to the right axis. Any suggestions as to what I should change to have the candlesticks appear to the right axis consistently?

The second issue arose from my desire to add Bollinger Bands to the spreads. I attempted to nest the UE indicator within the Bollinger Band indicator, but this did not produce an output (I left the UE parameters as default, and added my spread to Expression 1). Is there a way to use the UE indicator nested within another indicator?

The third issue arose as I attempted an alternate method of adding Bollinger Bands to the spreads. Using the UE indicator, I entered in Expression 2: Bollinger( <spread expression>, 2,20), in Expression 3: SMA( <spread expression>, 20), in Expression 4: LowerBollinger( <spread expression>, 2, 20), where LowerBollinger is a modified version of Bollinger which returns the lower Bollinger Band first, allowing it to be plotted by UE.

By entering the expressions for the upper Bollinger Band, the SMA and the lower Bollinger Band, I can get three lines approximating the Bollinger Bands. But frequently, one of the bands appears misplaced. More specifically, the SMA often appears closer to one Bollinger than the other.

The screenshot contains three examples of this problem. In the top two spreads, the lower Bollinger band appears to be too low, while in the third spread, the upper Bollinger band appears to be too high.

The 20 period standard deviations of the three spreads appear in the bottom panel of the screen capture. The reported standard deviation for the top spread (the value in orange) is not consistent with the placement of either Bollinger band in that spread, suggesting that in the top panel, both the upper and the lower Bollinger band is misplaced in this instance of the UE indicator.

The reported standard deviations for the middle and bottom spreads do appear consistent with the placement of the closer Bollinger band to the SMA suggesting that only a single Bollinger band is misplaced in these two instances of the UE indicator.

I was wondering if you could shed some light on why the various Bollinger Bands are misplaced? Alternately, if you could recommend and error-proof method of adding Bollinger Bands to the output from the UltimateExpression, it would solve my problems as well.

Thank you

Gus
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by gusgus View Post
          I was wondering if you could shed some light on why the various Bollinger Bands are misplaced? Alternately, if you could recommend and error-proof method of adding Bollinger Bands to the output from the UltimateExpression, it would solve my problems as well.

Gus
          After a bit of tinkering, I came up with a solution to the misplaced Bollinger bands. In the UltimateExpression, this expression adds the correct band:

sma( <spread expression> ,20) + 2 * stddev( <spread expression> , 20)

I am still curious it would be possible to nest the UE within another function, such as Bollinger.

Thanks.

Comment

Outdated

I get the message: "This indicator is rather outdated, please check for newer version."
            I am running 1.6 (the last one you posted). Is there any way to get rid of this message? Or did I miss an update.
            Anyhow: This Indicator is the ultimate tool for me. Thanks for the great work!

Comment

I'm getting the same message while using ver 1.6 which looks to be the latest.

Comment

same here.... please give us a fix!

Comment

1.6 message...me too!

Comment

I am having the same problem "the indicator is rather outdated?"
                    Also everytime I try to remove the indicator lable "_UltimateExpression", I get a error message?!

Comment

Originally posted by biorjin View Post
                      I am having the same problem "the indicator is rather outdated?"
                      Also everytime I try to remove the indicator lable "_UltimateExpression", I get a error message?!

why don't you clarify the error message?

Comment

error message

remove the label, I get an error message,

if I random give it a label "a", error message is gone
                        Attached Files

Comment

GomCD function into Ultimate Expression indicator

Hi, my expression doesn't work in the indicator:

SMA(GomCD('6E ##-##@3000Volume', True, BidAsk, CumulativeChart, Binary, OnePerDay, None, 1, False),1)

Do you happen to understand why?

Marcello

Comment

please can some one help

hi guys i'm very new with ninja trader , i'm interesting in this great indicator but don't know how to use it , please look at the chart i'm sending.

how i can tack the CLBULL VOL minus the CLBEAR VOL?

if some one can write what exactly i should do i will appreciate it.

thanks.

avi.
                            Attached Files

Comment

New location for Ultimate Expressions???

I am unable to get to the provided link to download this indicator. Does anyone know where I might find an alternate site for Ultimate expressions V 7??

Thanks
                              Dean

Comment

Hello deanldavis475,

This indicator is available from our forum's NinjaTrader 7 Indicators section: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...d=4&linkid=399

Please, let us know if we may be of further assistance.
                                Zachary G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by jclose, Today, 09:37 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post jclose
                                by jclose

Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
                                10 responses